James Monroe 31 Mount View 28 (OT)

MavsRock

Pretty simple, 2 very good teams played, and neither 1 could stop eachother. Both teams probably played the best game offensively they've plaed all year.

This was a lot like the 2001 game, but this time JM didn't make as many critical mistakes. Mountview has probably the best RB in the state in High, very good receivers in Belle and Smith, and the QB Baker impressed me as well.

Both teams played 110% (I can say that because it went into OT), and it was a shame someone had to lose.

If MV gets into the playoffs, I can see them doing some damage, hopefully not to the same team they played last night.

As for JM, we have to do a better job putting people away, we were in good position to start the 2nd half, and then High's 40-50 yd run completely turned the game upside-down. And then our coached need to be slapped for the call on 4th & 2 with a minute left. Either run a power play, or kick the field goal, don't run a freakin reverse, we're lucky beyond belief that Belle didn't take that pass all the way.

Another shootout may be waiting for Friday. 8 down, 6 to go, next week, Bluefield.

And don't forget the call to go for 2 pts after the second touchdown in the 1st quarter. As effective as Logan Ray has been all year with extra points, let him kick it and take the 1 pt. We weren't in a position at that point in the game to need to go for 2. That extra point would've kept us out of OT. Not that I didn't enjoy the OT. But it was nerve wrecking. I know the players were worn out after the game because I was drained. It just doesn't get any better than that!!