Bluefields 04 championship

bluefieldRocks

Some of those are really good but I don't like the fact they included many that aren't "keepers" just to increase their chances of making a sale. They should only offer the shots that are worthy of the prices they're asking in my opinion. My recycle bin is full right now with pictures from the VHS game that didn't make the cut.

The story has it that the opposing player had been running his mouth the entire game about how Amaker couldn't out run him, etc. So Amaker gets in the open field and the opposing player has the angle, but Amaker blows it up. Amaker is a couple of steps ahead of the guy, turns around, waves, and it's see ya later. He torched the poor guy, turning a 3-yard separation into a 15-yard separation by the time he hits the endzone.

It was against the Poca Dots in 1997 in a regular season game at Mitchell Stadium. I was at that game. The first play of the game Poca actually scored first on a long touchdown run and then on Bluefield's first possession 2 or 3 plays later I remember Amaker running down the sideline, slows down at about the 15 and waves to the Poca secondary and then races into the endzone. Poca never really recovered after that with Bluefield winning 28 to 7 I believe.

I talked to amaker monday night up at mitchell, he was coaching a smurph league team i believe. The little beavers, there running back raced down the field to beat the little Gman, very exciting game for the chmapionship

I asked him about that run, and he pointed it out to me where it happened and everything. He really wasnt a big guy at all. maybe 5'8 or 5'9, but you can tell just by looking at him he was quick. He also told me that he was playing the in the arena football league now "afl" for the birminghan or alabama something...

I had to work for the Poca game in 97 so thats why i didnt get to see it.. and YES i remember a single work day nearly 10 yrs ago, simply b/c i worked with a bunch of Poca folk who talked all kinda junk..so i do recall..even had the 'rack em up' T shirt..that t shirt design was the best ever done for beaver football

yep has the pool balls with the opponents colors and their all in the rack..and the Beavs did rack em up that year..ill say it again..boy i miss that team too