Congratulations James Monroe!

gomavs

Congratulations James Monroe on your undefeated regular season. Last night's game against AAA Greenbrier East turned out to be one of the best games at HE Comer field all season. I have to admit, I went into the ballgame underestimating Greenbrier East because of their record. But as it turned out, they showed up more than ready to play. The house was packed, the two bands were in full uniform and put on great shows, the weather was football weather, and there was never a dull moment in the football action. Great atmosphere. The James Monroe/Greenbrier East game has apparently turned into quite a rivalry game for the two schools.

In this order, in my opinion, the best games at HE Comer Field this year were: 1) Mt. View -- 4 quarters and OT of great, football action where it wasn't said and done until the very last play of the game; 2) Greenbrier East -- for the reasons above, this game had it all, big crowd, 4 quarters of action, bands, weather; 3) Bluefield -- another action packed game.

I wish James Monroe the best of luck in the playoffs. Thanks for a great regular season!