Gate City/George Wythe

tvp

The Gate City/George Wythe game and the girls game, Gate City/Radford, have been moved from Castlewood to Virginia High. They will play Saturday, Girls at 2:00PM and the boys at 3:45 PM. This according to the VHSL website.

Any predictions on either game?

Gate City 69, George Wythe 67 Final. Hackney hit 3 in the last five seconds to take a two point lead. GW had 3 sec. to get a shot off but couldn't. Gate City plays Altavista in the State semis.

Gate city girls also won over Radford. Don't remember the score but they won by about 20. They play Clarke County in the semis (the team they beat for the state title last year).

One of the best damn games I have ever seen!! Both teams left it on the floor Saturday! Great atmosphere, great players, and great coaches! A true barnburner from the start. Good game for local high school basketball.

couldnt have been a better game than the 3 over time game last year with GC and TS over at clinchco!! That was wild... but i love them close anytime.. and the big crowds and pressure make it great!..

ok.. i called these games above.. Now.. GC has to bring a better than A game to beat Altavista... I think GC girls will win against Clarke... but the end comes against Floyd County for the lady devils!! lol...

Good luck to GC, boys and girls and Va high girls.. Looks like Brooke made a really good decision moving back to Bristol!!

Congrads to all!! and best of luck..