HV 89; Martinsville 65.

dmspartan

I must say that I was very disgusted with the lack of effort on behalf of the Bulldogs. Several of the seniors seemed to - for lack of a better term(and I NEVER thought I'd say this about a Martinsville team)- QUIT except for Ashmond Hughes who quickly hit two consecutive treys and was double-teamed by the Titans when he touched the ball for a third time.

Ron Pritchett, a sophomore called up from the JV after their season ended, showed some flashes of his talent but needs 1)to lose some serious weight to be truly effective and 2)develop a mid-range jumper to complement his baseline moves. And, hey, Ron, let's remember this - it's a TEAM game - not the RON PRITCHETT SHOW.

On the Titans' end of the floor, they didn't miss many shots - either from the field or the free-throw line. They boxed out, played defense, passed the ball extremely well, and never lost their composure for any length of time. Ben Boggs lived up to the "hype" that he's been getting, and he and his teammates deserved to win this game - much more than Martinsville did.

See ya next year!

I have to say that I didnt expect the score to be like this. Losing the talent from last season and losing Reid before the playoffs this season def. hurt but it seems the coaching staff always is well prepared for the Bulldogs and that itself gives them a huge advantage. But either way, nice season and im sure the 'Dogs will be back.