LPD Preseason Picks

Here's my preseason picks.

1) PV. I hear Mitchell is out at QB. So maybe PV dumps the spred and goes to the I. Speed and power could kill here. If the Pinkstons are lined up behind a QB who can lead the Vikings. Phil goes back to what got him 8 titles.

2) Burton. Speed kills but the lose of several experienced linemen hurt. Still the speed is enough to keep them going. Expectations are high in Orange and Black Country. An early loss or let down could prove fatal to the Raiders.

3) Clintwood. Returns a lot of players. Should have what it takes to play with both PV and Burton. Their contain on their D will decide a big game with Burton and PV.

4) Dawgs. Don't usually rank them. However, i think they need the motivation. Basically it will depend on who shows up to play. The real Dawgs or the one's who took a trashing in the Region D finals. And how much discipline there is. A few key match ups come early. Will show if the Dawgs are ready for a run. Many say that the Dawg Days are over.

5) Kelly. Could surprise a few. But must keep the break downs from killing them.

6) Pound. The delay in a new coach hurts alot. A coach has a big duty here. One pull the team together and community.

Overall. The top 3 could be a wild toss up. Depending on who can play some solid D. Offense sells tickets. Defense win titles.

I heard Lawson was going to QB and Mitchell to a receiver. His problems on and off the field, has left Coach Robbins wondering if he can trust him to make it through the season.

So move him to receiver where if he does have problems and has to leave the team. Well it's not as big as loss as it would be at QB. Now that is what i've heard. Whether it's true or not. PV's first scrimmage or game will bare it out.And as hokie4ever said. He does have a one game suspension.

Can the kid stay out of trouble??

Someone on VA. Preps stated some not so nice things about what he has done.

I know rumors are like......

if he only got a one game suspension for that then something is wrong.

humpty Dumpty only cares about winning i see.

I think the school system said he didn't play. The court system said he did play. Similiar to what Appy went through a few years ago. VHSL told Appy a kid didn't play in the upcoming state game. Court system said he plays or you violate the law.

The court over turned the schools verdict. So he gets a one game suspension and from i understand in any of the sports he is in. He chooses which sport. Go figure.

But to be honest that is what i heard. Robbins may use him at QB that remains to be seen. But it was said he was gonna move him to receiver in case he didn't make it through the season.

1. Burton

2. PV

3. Clintwood

4. JJK

5. Appy

6. Pound

Cedric is going to be at QB. Lawson may see some time there, but the job is Cedric's. Burton is still the favorite in the district because they nobody has knocked them off yet and PV has as many o-line issues as Burton does. I look forward to this season as Clintwood will field a good team also. I will say that PV has a tough schedule (with the exception of the Thomas Walker game) and that could help them gain an advantage over Burton...only time will tell.

He does that Trumpett. And Cedric may start at QB but may not stay there. I seen a little of PV. Not what i expected early. But it is early.

Not what i expected from my Dawgs either. But as i said it's early.

My surprise team. I got a glimpse of today.

Clintwood. Big, numbers and from the looks powerful. One of the larger Clintwood teams i have seen in quite awhile. Could be a big swing coming in the LPD.

This may be their year. They have huge numbers out. And their bigger and stronger.

One question i replied on here once to your post. What happened to my earlier reply?

[ QUOTE ]

This may be their year. They have huge numbers out. And their bigger and stronger.

One question i replied on here once to your post. What happened to my earlier reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they may have been doing some update a couple of days ago. I noticed that the site was down for a while. So your post may have been lost during that time.

No problem. I thought maybe i just forgot to post it and just maybe reviewed it.

Any way i was on the vapreps board. Any one looking to help out they have a board now for just Region D and are looking for help.

As far as the LPD. It could turn into a good fight.

Phil Robbins doesn't have 8 titles. He has 7 titles. The first title went to James "Poss" Bolling. He was the one that actually got the program off and running. Now there was a hard-nosed old school football coach.

Your absolutely right. I wondered if anyone would catch that. Poss was one of a kind. Had a lot of respect for the man. 1982 was the year PV won the title under Coach Bolling.

He retired and left PV with a program loaded with talent from setting up a p-nut program that had the same coaches for about 20 yrs or so.

Coach Robbins inherited a good program and situation when he came to PV.