Reality Check For LPD Teams

After the first scrimmages. It seems that most in the LPD are left shaking their heads. What do we really have. Two of the Top three picks did not dominate in their scrimmages as most thought they would. And many weaknesses were found that may of left coaches wondering. Did we help ourself tonight or expose ourself.

While had it been a real game PV would of lost to Tn. High 28 - 14. And Burton would of beaten SV 21- 7. Most walked away with a sense of we are in trouble. Kelly was the only team that showed promise scoring a combined 9 td's against Castlewood and Grundy. While holding both scoreless. Appy did their usual show nothing just grind it out and play standard D but had it been a game would of lost 28 - 21 or 14.

Overall. A reality check for all but one LPD team so far the Wave who hasn't scrimmaged as of yet. Not the early outing most fans and coaches were hoping for.

Sorry i did hear that the Wave did have a scrimmage and so did Pound and St. Paul. However, i have no reliable info. i could add.

Although the scrimmage lasted a full two hours, PV & TN High 1st units only ran three series head-to-head. Both 1st teams scored two touchdowns. I would guest most PV Viking fans were satisfied with the results and will not change season expectations at all. Both squads appeared to suit up over 50 kids and to get them all some playing time limits 1st team work.