Giles - James Monroe

mountainman63

are you a fan of this O you seem to think it has promise i wonder why more teams dont run this fred ran a few plays with jt in the 05 weiling game i recognized it on the radio and he told me he would try anything once how did the lee kid do for giles i am a family freind

Gavin Lee did good for Giles. He and Sheldon Douthat alternate at Tailback. Lee also had some wicked hits on defense. The single wing has promise if its coached right. It all comes down to blocking, and tough backs. Ragsdale is one of the best coaches in Va, and Giles has beaten many teams with far more talent, by just playing good sound smashmouth football. JM is doing the same. They usually lose to far superior teams, Weir, Bluefield 04, 05, but lookat their record over the last 4 or 5 years. It would help if the coaches all pulled together and worked as a team, and the little league, and middle schools would do the same, but it will never happen. Our kids know single wing from pee wee ball on up. And all the coaches in the whole system wouldnt run anything else.

[ QUOTE ]

are you a fan of this O you seem to think it has promise i wonder why more teams dont run this fred ran a few plays with jt in the 05 weiling game i recognized it on the radio and he told me he would try anything once how did the lee kid do for giles i am a family freind

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has promise because after watching the Maverick program over the past decade, I'm not sure what other offense would do better. We're averaging more points the least 4 years , than we had before, it seems to suite the personel we've had. We wouldn't have made the playoff in '03, won 10 games in '04, and certainly wouldn't have won 24 games that last 2 years if we'd ran something else, I think that's real hard to argue with.

Alot of people think it limit's your options, but it doesn't if you kep the other guy off gaurd. The Peterstown coaches know that if they try it at that level it will cost them some games, so they won't do it, unfortanatly, Peterstown Middle has had problems the last couple of years, losing the championship game to , this is hard to say, Summers last year.

Eventually they may talk Booth into it, but he seems pretty set right know. Mavs can still wi nthe title though, Giles won it there 3rd year in the system and their Middle schools hadn't ran the system before that. What's handicapped Witt is that he inherited a perinial power house, whereas Giles is pretty much the house that Steve Ragsdale built, he could pretty much do what he wanted when he arrived because Giles was a joke in the 70's.

Witt has yet to earn respect, and to be honest, I'm not sure anything less than a state title will change that.

do you think it has to be pure to succeed my concerns about passing or the lack of it started in 04 i don't think we were inferrior in 05 just out coached and in 06 over coached it is easy to be an armchair wonder most hopefully everyone involved from craddle until today is cognisant of their failings and will pull together to prevail. do you think it is possible to be this resigned that O here?

There've certainly been mistakes in coaching the last several years of year, no doubting that. We wereen't the "inferior" team in '99, '02, '05 or '06 and saw those playoff games thourougly thrown away. That player made big mistakes too, but we got out-coached big-time. Ever read the book "Bleachers", maybe the players will take matters into there own hands someday. That would be kind off cool.