Bosox Thump Rockies

blueinbama

The Boston Red Sox embarrassed the Colorado Rockies in game 1 of the World Series last night by a score of 13-1. The Sox looked unbeatable, and Colorado looked like a team that had a little rust from their long layoff. I believe, and I hope, the Rockies can make a good series out of this after such a sucsessful regular season. Any thoughts?

In my opinion, in order for Colorado to have a chance, they need to split in Boston. With Papelbon currently coming in in the 9th, I don't like the chances. Remember, Beckett could still probably go in Game 4, and could possibly pitch the majority of Game 7 if necessary. Likewise, Colorado needs this for the confidence factor. A team that had lost once in a month now needs to win to stave the bleeding in a World Series. I'm too stunned over the football game to go into in-depth analysis right now, but in short, Colorado needs a comeback, or it's likely over, in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

And that's the game, folks. Red Sox close the deal tonight with the 2-1 win and go up 2-0 heading out west. This series is pretty much over, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] Not so fast my friend! The Rockies play well at home, and that altitude can take it's toll on opposing pitchers. The ball moves differently out there, and I'm thinking the Rockies take the next two to make it more interesting...wishful thinking? LOL