Roane County wants Bluefield on friday night

bluefieldRocks

the kick was horrendous! i wanted to run out there and cover the damn thing myself! ha but Musselman wasnt your ordinary 16 seed either, the next yr they moved up to AAA and was a contender there for several yrs after the title game so dont put them in same bracket as Roane Cnty

Musselman kicked a terrible kickoof to blfd (to start the game) and JR touched the ball then let bounces down the field, and musselman player picks it up and run in the endzone whileJr watched for 6 and field goal = 7... we lost by 7.

[ QUOTE ]

Musselman kicked a terrible kickoof to blfd (to start the game) and JR touched the ball then let bounces down the field, and musselman player picks it up and run in the endzone whileJr watched for 6 and field goal = 7... we lost by 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall him touching it....I think he just thought it was like a punt and if he did not touch it Bluefield would get the ball. He simply did not know or forgot that a kick off does not have to be touched once it goes 10 yards the kicking team can and did recover. Huge brain cramp on his part...but it was the difference in the ball game. Very seldom is the opening kick off the turning point of a ball game but in this case it sure was.

i dont think the ball was touched but it was still a live ball and that gave them 7 points and i think if i remember correctly Blfd lost by only 4 points! hated that day!

From what I remember Jack was just watching it like it was a punt. Musselman fell on it at the 4 yard line. They couldn't pick it up and score, but they did score two plays later. Yubrenal was the kickoff returner on the other side of the field and he saw what was going on and was sprinting over to try and cover it, but he couldn't get there fast enough. I don't think Jack had played football before that year, so he didn't know everything to do and that was a hude mistake. He was a junior that year. Needless to say, it was painfull to watch. Musselman was a very good team that year and played a lot of teams from Maryland. Southern, MD is one that comes to mind and they smack WV teams on a yearly basis. Musselman was battle tested going into the playoffs that year as a 16 seed.