swd player of the year

frazier11

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i figured he would move up.

he killed us at abingdon last year in jv

[/ QUOTE ]i dont think he has the arm strength to play short in varsity but i may be wrong,i watched him hit in some games last year and he has no power...i think he could help richlands more at 2nd than short

Justin Malone was 2nd team all state last year and was also the shortstop in the commonwealth games this summer and I dont remember any kids from Richlands making that team. Justin is a stand out pitcher, but he was recruited as a shortstop. The Barnett kid is solid and he had a good season last year, but there is no question that the Malone kid is a more complete player!! I guess we'll see, but I do think it will be an interesting baseball season. Tazewell is a team to look out for too...Lou had a young club and I expect big things from the Dawgs!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Hoops, Malone is the most complete baseball player in the SWD. He hits in the heart of the lineup, fields anything hit his way, and pitches very well. If you put up his stats I'll bet he would have been one of the leading hitters in the SWD last year, and the year before that. I think it will be a three team race with Richlands, Tazwell, and Abingdon with Abingdon winning the SWD.

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i think joel elswick will be on first team as a catcher this year from richlands

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Bruiser Moore? Same grade and Bru beat him out last year for 1st team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser Moore will get 1st team once again