UConn to the Tire & Muffler Bowl...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3130346

Well, that's one bowl UVA can mark off their list...won't be a rematch with UConn...

[/ QUOTE ]

My money's on UVA to the Peach, or Chick-F-La, or whatever there calling it now, and play Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't happen...ACCCG winner to BCS, loser to Peach. UVA is looking like Gator, Champs, or Music City...unless by some odd chance the ACC gets two teams in the BCS, them bump UVA up one. And don't forget Clemson, they probably have a better shot at the Gator than UVA.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3130346

Well, that's one bowl UVA can mark off their list...won't be a rematch with UConn...

[/ QUOTE ]

My money's on UVA to the Peach, or Chick-F-La, or whatever there calling it now, and play Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't happen...ACCCG winner to BCS, loser to Peach. UVA is looking like Gator, Champs, or Music City...unless by some odd chance the ACC gets two teams in the BCS, them bump UVA up one. And don't forget Clemson, they probably have a better shot at the Gator than UVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Virginia will not be going to the Music City Bowl. The only possible way for that to happen is for both Clemson and Wake Forest to jump the Hoos, and that's highly doubtful. The Tire Bowl loves to take North Carolina teams, and Wake Forest is sitting right there in Winston-Salem. Also, a few sources have told me that Florida State has been in hot negotiations this week with the Music City Bowl, and that the bowl committee has Florida State is tops on the list. Hate to burst that bubble, but Virginia's not going there.

The likelihood that the ACC will get two teams in the BCS is fairly slim, really. Of course, this would necessitate a Boston College victory. However, the margin of victory much be razor-thin; an overtime performace would help. You have to think of the at-large teams you're going against: Kansas, Missouri/Oklahoma, Georgia, Hawaii, Arizona State, Hawaii, and LSU (since the record would be identical if they lost the SEC title game, and they thrashed the Hokies). That's some fairly stiff competition, but not impossible. The Hokies would need some friends in high places to pull this off.

For Virginia specifically, it would take a miracle to get to the Peach Bowl: there would have to be 2 ACC teams in the BCS, with the Peach Bowl committee choosing Virginia (who would deserve it, based on conference record) over Clemson (who is quite close to Atlanta and travels well). I think the money would trump us, there. The Gator Bowl is fairly realistic, because the bowl committee has shifted somewhat in their views. Looking at their press releases, the team most-wanted has moved from "Clemson, Clemson, Clemson" to either Clemson or Virginia. It's 50/50, and I frankly think it depends on who wins the ACC title game: if Boston College, Clemson goes; if Virginia Tech, Virginia goes. Of course, there is still the chance that the Gator Bowl will pull a 2002 and have Clemson jump the Hoos. That wouldn't shock me. Then, there's the Champs Sports Bowl. I see this definitely happening if Boston College wins. I still see it as a possibility even if they don't.

It'll be an interesting time until the ACC bids are announced following the title game.

[ QUOTE ]

May not be a big bowl.....but another bowl for the Big East....we'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BE has tie-ins with five bowls...BCS, Gator, Tire & Muffler, Sun, and the Canadian bowl. Other than the BCS and Gator, not too impressive. And the Gator doesn't really want the BE...they can take either Notre Dame (if eligible) or a Big 12 team if they want to in place of a BE team under their new deal. Hate to tell you, BE teams are NOT a hot comodity...

WVU IS a hot comodity. Granted, the rest of the conference beat on each other this year. Big East is just as competitive and has just as good of teams as Big Ten, ACC, and Big Twelve.....More so than those three in my opinion. The SEC and the Pac 10 did great this year......If you look at last year....5-0 in bowl games.

[ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Another WVU fan comes out of the woodwork. How surprising....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, same one. He's been banned under several other names already and is close to getting the hook again...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Another WVU fan comes out of the woodwork. How surprising....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, same one. He's been banned under several other names already and is close to getting the hook again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Banned or hook for what reason?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

May not be a big bowl.....but another bowl for the Big East....we'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BE has tie-ins with five bowls...BCS, Gator, Tire & Muffler, Sun, and the Canadian bowl. Other than the BCS and Gator, not too impressive. And the Gator doesn't really want the BE...they can take either Notre Dame (if eligible) or a Big 12 team if they want to in place of a BE team under their new deal. Hate to tell you, BE teams are NOT a hot comodity...

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much hit the nail on the head. Catlett and his Gator Bowl committee are focusing quite a lot on the Big XII, and as strong as that conference is this year, it's hard not to blame them. Besides, if a Big East team was a hot commodity, in most likelihood the Gator Bowl committee would've already locked in the Big Easy representative. Given the at-larges in store for the Big XII, Texas Tech will likely be playing in the Gator Bowl against the ACC representative, either Virginia (possible) or Clemson (probable).

[ QUOTE ]

WVU IS a hot comodity. Granted, the rest of the conference beat on each other this year. Big East is just as competitive and has just as good of teams as Big Ten, ACC, and Big Twelve.....More so than those three in my opinion. The SEC and the Pac 10 did great this year......If you look at last year....5-0 in bowl games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than WVU, there are NO good teams in the BE.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would disagree.....there may not be any other great teams.....but UCONN, USF, CINCY, all had "good" years...not great.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't one of those bowls against a MAC team? That game shouldn't count

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would disagree.....there may not be any other great teams.....but UCONN, USF, CINCY, all had "good" years...not great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they had good years, look who they played, Big East teams...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion.............to me that's a good reason to say they had a good season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to back up why you believe the Big East is so weak ? ? ?