Kevin Everett walking again...

hokie07

Guest BEAVERTAIL

suprised to see it so soon, but im glad to see it happen. Best of Luck the rest of the way Kevin!

[ QUOTE ]

Ran across this story on Yahoo. Such an amazing miracle... inches from death to walking on his own. Talk about a blessing!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-everettwalking&prov=ap&type=lgns

[/ QUOTE ]

A great story indeed! Not only a testament to his will to keep fighting, but also in the great advancements in medical technology. Just think if this had been around when Reggie Brown suffered his catastrophic injury in 1998; he might not have been able to walk, but he may have been in better shape than what he is today. A step forward for the both athletics and the medical community in saving the majority of the quality of life of Kevin Everett.

There are miracles every day, and I thank God for granting this one, since that young man's future looked as grim as it did.

While I agree that medical technology has been a tremendous help in Everett's recovery, I think that most people are way too quick to credit the doctors. I think it was by the grace of God that Everett is doing what he is doing!

[ QUOTE ]

While I agree that medical technology has been a tremendous help in Everett's recovery, I think that most people are way too quick to credit the doctors. I think it was by the grace of God that Everett is doing what he is doing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely give God the glory for it, but one might also say that God allowed the doctors to develop the technology, and placed the right doctors in the right place at the right time. Point well taken, though. Still, a great story.