Varsity in SWD

Blues6

who will win the girls district?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who will win the girls district?

Abingdon Marion or Tazewell have the best chances...if i had to pick a sleeper it would be Graham..not because thats where i graduated from but the return a pretty strong team with the whole midfield coming back and the only big part missing is the goalie...if they can get a goalie that performs day in and day out....they have a very good chance at winning...

[ QUOTE ]

carrol and richlands will suck. Taz only has that rasnick dude. Grundy haha seriously. Graham, no way. Marion lost everyone. Abingdon easily

[/ QUOTE ]

graham no way...uhm we have the majority of our good players coming back and we lost all those seniors that just caused problems last year..we may not win the district...but we can compete

Graham lost a keeper...both center defenders and an outside defender and one striker...strikers and defense will be filled in fine...its just the keeper that worries everyone

well i dont think any one in richlands care about soccer i think that 1 reason why we suck second reason last year we only had 2 or 3 subs and then by the end of the season they left our team sadly.

i hope richlands have more subs this year and they need good defense and goaly if they want to beat teams like tazz or graham or may be carrol.

didnt taz beat richlands by like 9 goals or something. Richlands does have a good defense though. Graham has landon and carrol always has talent. I heard marion lost a lot though and of course the powerhouse abingdon. Should be a interesting year in the SWD...

the only game i remember was Tazewell beating Richlands 2-1 or somewhere around that...Richlands is getting better year by year i will give them that...if they can just field a good starting 11 they will win some games this year...

[ QUOTE ]

the only game i remember was Tazewell beating Richlands 2-1 or somewhere around that...Richlands is getting better year by year i will give them that...if they can just field a good starting 11 they will win some games this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, can't judge a team by past performance, when the program is so new...heck they were co-ed until just a year or two back, right? Going to an all boy team alone can make a huge difference in the program. More kids will be interested in playing. Just a matter of time, they'll compete...maybe even this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham lost a keeper...both center defenders and an outside defender and one striker...strikers and defense will be filled in fine...its just the keeper that worries everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

scott said he is ready to step up at keeper anytime..and he is not a bad keeper by any means...i think we will be fine

its not what Scott wants though..i talked to Hank at the end of last season and he wants Scott out on that field playing sweeper or stopper...but you can never tell whats going on in Hank's mind haha

I pretty sure it was 8-0 in one of the tournaments or something. No doubt the swd is getting better. I look for taz to do well and marion to drop. Of course abingdon will always be good and same with carroll. Graham always plays a physical game and richlands is getting better. Like I said, it will be a interesting year.

[ QUOTE ]

they lost all theyre key players. How are they goin to compete with abingdon??? No one will be able to.

[/ QUOTE ] well ok thats your opinion but like i said do your playing do the talking..u never know what might happen

i agree 2-1 game was greatest to watch but on richland side we lost goaly we lost 1 defender and couple of forward. plus we wont have same team as last year we got bunch of new people playing for us.