Another ESPN poll agreeing that Rich Rod is the one to blame

beaverbaseball

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/index

Who is to blame in the Rich Rodriguez-WVU mess?

54% Rich Rod

17% WVU Administration

3% Gov Manchin

26% There all equally blamed

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a little weird that ESPN would make another poll on this subject. Its almost as if they have an agenda. Since the first poll was overwhelmingly in favor of WVU, they add the equal to blame and Governor Manchin options just to even it out. Weird.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

wvu admin / rrod both are to blame. He is just a huge douche for leaving the way he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, why in your view is WVU to blame also?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

wvu admin / rrod both are to blame. He is just a huge douche for leaving the way he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, why in your view is WVU to blame also?

[/ QUOTE ]

To start with I am a huge WVU fan......not necessarily the admin. The teams yes. There really should have been a civilized meeting between the parties rather than a sissy fight, which seems to be what it was. Our school's pres, seemed very reluctant to talk .....it was all simple no's. I agree that he shouldn't have asked for a piece of paper after the pitt colapse. I just don't like the way we handled the initial part of the situation. I'm not a fan of Garrison. He shouldn't be president of the University anyway. He doesn't have the credentials.

I guess really the main person to blame would be Rod...as well as Mike Brown....his agent. Why in the crap do we need agents in college football. You don't hear joe pa or Bowden crying about this stuff. Rod was a good man at one time. Money changes people, and those who are working for the coaches...aka agents, are just money hungry people who need a life. WVU admin in my mind didn't do enough professionally to resolve the problem. Rod carries the majority of the blame.

[ QUOTE ]

if it was about money, he would have taken alabama last year. this was about taking a prestigous opportunity at Michigan and nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't about money for him or for a more prestigious school. WVU was his school , he wanted to make it one of the prestigious places. His agent has played wedge all year. He attempted to mend up with WVU the Saturday after he had Michigan press conference. He had ticked off the amin and they said no thanks. His agent and high emotions along with a hefty ego really is what took him to UM...not prestige.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if it was about money, he would have taken alabama last year. this was about taking a prestigous opportunity at Michigan and nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't about money for him or for a more prestigious school. WVU was his school , he wanted to make it one of the prestigious places. His agent has played wedge all year. He attempted to mend up with WVU the Saturday after he had Michigan press conference. He had ticked off the amin and they said no thanks. His agent and high emotions along with a hefty ego really is what took him to UM...not prestige.

[/ QUOTE ]

key word in what you said... AGENT. I dont think there should be ones in college football. Sure, hire a lawyer for the fine print, but honestly i think the agents are what is screwing it up.

I also have to agree with Getmoney that RR was leaving to go to a more prestigous university... but i also think his agent pushed him to it...

I agree that agents shouldnt be in college football. Its crazy. Now maybe for coaches I can see some exceptions, if they are in high demand, well-known coaches, that sorta deal. Overall though I would have to say I dont agree with having sports agents there.

RRod is now saying that it had nothing to do with a better offer......That he was forced to resign by the WVU ADMIN. Whatever the truth may be, there shouldn't be any agents in college. College is great sports....don't deal much with the distrust...unloyal players of the pros.....but now it's touching coaching....and it hit close to home