WVU with a great day of recruiting

Schmitt

Recruiting is not an exact science...in fact I compare recruiters to professional gamblers in such that gamblers will analyse the numbers, play the percentages and make decisions that will give him the best chance to win. A recruiter analyses a players numbers, plays the percentages through the star rating system in order to give a coach the best chance to win.....but the bottom line is that still will not guarantee success. Now I know their are other factors that go into recruiting such as Heart,desire and attitude,etc..

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

false. Gwaltney was dismissed temporarily from the team before Slaton even got time. Rodriguez took him back before his sophomore year then kicked him off officially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to break it to you GetMoney but you are wrong. Slaton first saw significant action against VT and Gwaltney was on the team then. The next week I think they played against Rutgers and Slaton and Gwaltney both played alot. Just check the box score of those games.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

alright you have proved me wrong. i had read somewhere that Gwaltney was dismissed early in the 05 season. thanks though, i stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what happened was that he was suspended in midseason and then they gave hime another chance when srping came around and he still was doing what they asked of him. I will give Rodriguez credit for not letting Gwaltney get away with whatever he wanted to. If he went to USC or Ohio State he probably would still be playing.

I was really glad with what Rodriguez did in that situation. Gwaltney didnt keep himself in line and was already given a second chance. Rodriguez didnt put up with it which was great. It was a shame for Gwaltney though. High school all-american talent down the drain.