Thoughts about local middle schools starting baseball

beaverbaseball

Bluefield, Princeton, and Peterstown are starting a middle school baseball team this season..Im not sure if any other area schools are or already have a team..Im sure some schools do...Just wondering what people thought about the new teams...

I think it will help the future of baseball in the area but I see the teams being very weak for the first few years

I dont see any of these teams being weak. All three have little league programs with all star teams so they will have a nucleus of kids that have played a lot of baseball. Princeton's group of kids have made it to the state tournament when they were 10,11, and 12, so I think they will be very competitive. My concern is that they are playing most of there games in April and bad weather will limit their schedules. I hope none of the kids get injured because of the weather.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Beaverbaseball tell the boys how good Princeton is. They beat Bluefield Middle yesterday 17-0. Beavertail and Beaverbaseball did a great job umpiring the game. They are remarkable umpires despite their youth. Corey Quick (Princeton's Catcher) is a beast.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok Beaverbaseball tell the boys how good Princeton is. They beat Bluefield Middle yesterday 17-0. Beavertail and Beaverbaseball did a great job umpiring the game. They are remarkable umpires despite their youth. Corey Quick (Princeton's Catcher) is a beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks..Princetone obviously had the better team, as Bluefield needs alot of help..Corey Quicks shot off the fence was pretty nice..especially for a 8th grader hitting it around 340..

Princeton seems to be having some good young talent coming in, as well as what is on their current PSHS team. PSHS is playing the best ball they have in a few years now and in no way can I see it being because of the coach. It must be these players that are showing up wanting to do it. Last year I remember them being very lazy and settling for anything. Now I see them trying to be a baseball team from Ive gotten to watch and it looks like some good years to come for that program.