Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

yeah...he wouldnt help WVU at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how easy recruting and drafting players would be if you just based it on workout numbers?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lyons is 6'8. They should have thrown to him more but there must be something there telling them not too.

Also, good job bringing up how Pat White was running the ball a lot. If WVU plans to change their offense around completely like youve stated, say goodbye to Pat White and his success. He thrives in the spread option and if he is placed in a pro-style offense, say hello to Jarrett Brown, who is the better QUARTERBACK of the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jarrett Brown better QB....ummmmmm he hasn't proven that...how would you know? Just curious. Pat White has something that most don't have...not even Elrod or Glennon. It's called heart and determination. Oh yeah and leadership skills. WVU is only balancing their attack so that they can be harder to defend. IMO...should have been done all along, but wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, once again my statement proves true, when WVU has no answer the finger immediately points at VT...

Glennon has no heart? Are you serious? He lost his starting job, to the pleasure of many fans, and fought back and got his chance and became a leader on the team. ACC championship MVP from riding the bench says a lot... Glennon has heart whether you like it or not. Not to mention, he was always a leader on this team, even when he was on the bench, which also shows his heart...

but we are getting off the subject arent we???

no one can deny that Ansels calves are probably the tiniest of anyone's theyve ever seen, but when you see the rest of his legs and overall muscle for that matter, youd be amazed. Id feel secure in saying he has about 1% body fat, if that much. Saying a kid with that kid of work ethic and talent wouldnt help a program is absurd.

[ QUOTE ]

I am not going to argue about the ponder kid...seems like a good young man with talent. I saw him play and make plays...good high school player. I wish him success.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true......seems like someone wants to argue about this or that every time a young man from the area does good. Let it go and be proud of him and happy for him. Same for the Muncy kid.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I am not going to argue about the ponder kid...seems like a good young man with talent. I saw him play and make plays...good high school player. I wish him success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the way I feel. Im proud that he is at Western Michigan. Let it be!

So true......seems like someone wants to argue about this or that every time a young man from the area does good. Let it go and be proud of him and happy for him. Same for the Muncy kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how easy recruting and drafting players would be if you just based it on workout numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, it is done way to often. Look at how heavily the combine is weighed in the NFL draaft...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, it is done way to often. Look at how heavily the combine is weighed in the NFL draaft...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is and thats my point. Look at how many of those players don't live up to the eye popping numbers.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lyons is 6'8. They should have thrown to him more but there must be something there telling them not too.

Also, good job bringing up how Pat White was running the ball a lot. If WVU plans to change their offense around completely like youve stated, say goodbye to Pat White and his success. He thrives in the spread option and if he is placed in a pro-style offense, say hello to Jarrett Brown, who is the better QUARTERBACK of the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jarrett Brown better QB....ummmmmm he hasn't proven that...how would you know? Just curious. Pat White has something that most don't have...not even Elrod or Glennon. It's called heart and determination. Oh yeah and leadership skills. WVU is only balancing their attack so that they can be harder to defend. IMO...should have been done all along, but wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, once again my statement proves true, when WVU has no answer the finger immediately points at VT...

Glennon has no heart? Are you serious? He lost his starting job, to the pleasure of many fans, and fought back and got his chance and became a leader on the team. ACC championship MVP from riding the bench says a lot... Glennon has heart whether you like it or not. Not to mention, he was always a leader on this team, even when he was on the bench, which also shows his heart...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....well actually we were talking of the reason VT gave him a sniff and WVU did not.....so sorry beaver...it was part of the topic...:)

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he would, maybe wouldn't. Pretty sure him being almost completely shut down by a 5' 8" sophomore corner twice against James Monroe didn't help his recruiting status. Overall I'd say he would help WVU, however looks like he's going to W. Michigan, I think he'll be OK, IMO Cole didn't go to him enough in the games I saw him play this year.

As for WVU, I'd say they'll be about 60% run, 40% pass, as opposed to 85 run 15 pass. Admit it or not, Slaton and Schmidt will be missed, and Devine can run the ball every play. I think this is a great opportunity for White, if he's to have any chance at the next level, his passing game needs MAJOR improvement, it wouldn't have happended under Rodriguez.

Quite honestly I'd be VERY surprised if White isn't the starter. I'll say this, legal problems or not, I'd pick him over Michael Vick anyday of the week.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....well actually we were talking of the reason VT gave him a sniff and WVU did not.....so sorry beaver...it was part of the topic...:)

[/ QUOTE ]

we werent talking about it till someone else brought it up about the recruiting of Pnder, like a WVU fan lets say... And how does recruiting of Ansel relate to anything about Sean Glennon and Tyrod Taylors and their heart and leadership? They dont.

If this was a class you would fail...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he would, maybe wouldn't. Pretty sure him being almost completely shut down by a 5' 8" sophomore corner twice against James Monroe didn't help his recruiting status. Overall I'd say he would help WVU, however looks like he's going to W. Michigan, I think he'll be OK, IMO Cole didn't go to him enough in the games I saw him play this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

He fumbled a potential TD in the State Championship, and WAS WIDE OPEN twice ON THE SAME PLAY in a row a might add but was overthrown. he wasnt shut down.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we werent talking about it till someone else brought it up about the recruiting of Pnder, like a WVU fan lets say... And how does recruiting of Ansel relate to anything about Sean Glennon and Tyrod Taylors and their heart and leadership? They dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...if it was brought up and talked about....it's fair game......you still didn't answer who your team was.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder:

squat- upper 400s

bench- 295

40 time- 4.45

vert.- 34 inch

height- 6'3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He fumbled a potential TD in the State Championship, and WAS WIDE OPEN twice ON THE SAME PLAY in a row a might add but was overthrown. he wasnt shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

shut down by a 5'8 corner? In every game this year, Ansel was triple teamed..sometimes even quad-teamed. The lone time I remember Ansel being held in single converage was against William Cambell, last play of the game, and we all know how that went. Touchdown to your boy to win the game. I think the only corner who could contain, not shut down, Ansel by himself in this state would be Marcus Patterson of Bluefield, because Ive seen him do it. Too bad Marcus is a sophomore and on the same team.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...if it was brought up and talked about....it's fair game......you still didn't answer who your team was.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how does who my favorite team is have to do with the beans in china? I mean seriously, this was a discussion about WVU not giving instate phenoms a chance at playing for the best football program in thier state, a place where probably most of them dreamed of playing. That discussion in no way correlates in what team i like...

It all comes down to you not being able to provide any ample stats, evidence, or logical cause for WVU to not provide a talented WR like Ansel a ride. So instead, you come and start talking crap about VT, because that is all you can do.

Look in the above statement, Getmoney was remarking that the better passing QB was jarrett brown, a Qb who in very limited time has thrown for a 2:1 TD/INT ratio, completes 65% of his passes, and led his team back against Rutgers in an Overtime Thriller in 2006, Capped off by the game winning 22 yard TD pass.

However, you ramble off about the Heart of Pat White, and then compare it to Techs QBs. Now how in the world does VT's Qbs determine who is the better passing QB for WVU? Why does their heart determine the starter for WVU? Please tell me.