weight room studs?

GHS61

so how big are these "studs"?

and with that said, let's not overlook the VERY talented upcoming sophomore from bluefield, Mr. Levi Beckett who lifts with Keith Ferguson from bluefield who was mentioned before...might i add that keith weighs 60 lbs. more than levi. and might i add that levi beckett is related to former beavers who have also won state titles on different bluefield teams. and MIGHT I ADD that levi's father is a pastor, and he is no punk pushover.

sorry for the near-rant, just wanted to do him some justice. you'll hear a lot of him the next 3 years...and it's been said levi is very similar to a young austin fuller from richlands. but lets wait for august, watch him play a little bit, and then in 2009 watch levi take over his most desired position of QB when the very talented, championship QB will cole moves on to bigger and better things.

nuff said.

one more thing..

you squat gurus out here are, i'm sure squatting 500 lbs. with the unfortunate dun-lop disease that comes naturally with our big "farm" boys here in WV. but how about last year's Aaron Bowes from Bluefield, weighing in at a lean mean 160 lbs, running a 4.69, and fred simon BELOW PARALLEL squatting 410, and benching and PC 250 on our last max day of the season last year. don't believe me? ask any player that played last year..and if i'm not mistaken, the squat max is on somebody's cell phone somewhere. so if that's you, please post it to humor these 200+ lb. biggins smile.gif

and while i'm at it, how about the 175 lb. all-state center Taylor Shepherd from Magnolia running a 4.7 and squatting 425.

nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]

watch him play a little bit, and then in 2009 watch levi take over his most desired position of QB when the very talented, championship QB will cole moves on to bigger and better things.

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about this makes me laugh...<snicker...snicker>

and just to put a little salt in your wound, no matter how much you squat and how big you boys are, you're still not winning games Mr. Grundy DSR! maybe if you had high caliber player/athletes around you at every position, such as in bluefield wink.gif , you might be able to brag and hold your own along WITH the team!

i mean, we didn't get these beautiful precious metals on our fingers just from liftin alot...we got them from going 13-0, beating quality opponets. but we did lift and awful lot smile.gif

NUFF SAID.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

watch him play a little bit, and then in 2009 watch levi take over his most desired position of QB when the very talented, championship QB will cole moves on to bigger and better things.

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it must be the fact i mentioned your sworn enemy in the same sentence as the word "championship"...but i would think it would make you cringe instead of snicker!

unless, it's because i said he won't be there in '09, which means you won't have to watch him whoop up on the girls from across the border wink.gif

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it must be the fact i mentioned your sworn enemy in the same sentence as the word "championship"...but i would think it would make you cringe instead of snicker!

unless, it's because i said he won't be there in '09, which means you won't have to watch him whoop up on the girls from across the border wink.gif

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it was him moving on to bigger and better things...he's peaked...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/images_sizedimage_130223111/resources_photoview

Sutphin powerlifting success

Staff report

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — Bluefield resident Paul Sutphin won the IPA (International Powerlifting Association) Virginia State Powerlifting Championships and World Championships Qualifier last weekend.

Sutphin, a Bluefield High School teacher and assistant coach on the football team, competed in the 220-pound weight class. Sutphin entered with a body weight of 211-pounds in the Masters Division (age 50 and over).

Sutphin lifted a total of 1,460 pounds, including 605 pounds (squat), 505 (deadlift) and 350 (bench press). That effort qualified Sutphin for the IPA World Powerlifting Championships on June 28-29 in York, Penn.

Yeah, he has peaked...which is why Nike has invited him to their camps, along with many college inviting him to their junior days and begging him to come work out with them. Levi is going to be the same way, but only I see him as being more highly touted coming out of high school. The kid will shine next year at receiver and I can see him even getting some time throwing the ball. He will only get bigger, only get faster, and only get smarter around the game of football. Lets just hope he doesnt become Ansel Ponder the second edition and get overlooked by most D-1 schools.

As for a "close call" at Ernie, the game would have been over two minutes prior to the dramatic kick by Asher if it werent for a bogus clipping call on one of our player during Marcus Patterson's int. return. If we couldnt win one way, we had to win another, and so we did. End o story.

Now, back to studs in the weight room, I loved the article today on The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Mr. James Paul Sutphin. This man truly is a STUD in the weight room. Id more like to call him a monster in the weight room, but since this thread titles studs, I guess Ill keep it there.