James Monroe QB situation

MavsRock

With June drills only a month away, has anyone spoken with Coach Jackson on possible QB's for JM this season?

I've got 2 or 3 in mind, just wondering what anyone alse has heard.

[ QUOTE ]

Haven't heard who's in the hunt, but I'm thinking maybe Robertson or Ballengee (you know they were in middle school). Any other thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were 2 I thought of as well. Don't know if he's ever QBed before, but Logan Ray's pretty tall, and pitches in baseball.

Braxton Thompson used to QB some in middle school, I thought they might put him in a back up role. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

I feel like it will be Ballengee's job to lose. I have a feeling they could put Robertson in some shotgun formations like they did Ben Thornton and give him the option of run or pass.

[ QUOTE ]

I feel like it will be Ballengee's job to lose. I have a feeling they could put Robertson in some shotgun formations like they did Ben Thornton and give him the option of run or pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably pretty close to what will happen. They did that with Nick Newberry some too. Give you the option to run the spread without being over-dependent on it.

The backfield should be fairly deep, barring injuries of course, Robertson, Keisel, and Thompsom SHOULD all get to run it fairly evenly. I'd say Robinson and Ray will be the main wideouts, but I've been wrong before.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably pretty close to what will happen. They did that with Nick Newberry some too. Give you the option to run the spread without being over-dependent on it.

The backfield should be fairly deep, barring injuries of course, Robertson, Keisel, and Thompsom SHOULD all get to run it fairly evenly. I'd say Robinson and Ray will be the main wideouts, but I've been wrong before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem will definitely be the line. Worry, worry, worry . . . frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem will definitely be the line. Worry, worry, worry . . . frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if it'll be a problem, definetly a ? though. We were pretty young on the line in 2005 and still did real good out of the box that year. If we successfully get a little bit of air attack going with quick strikes to the backs and TE's early on. it won't be as much of a worry.

[ QUOTE ]

The O-line will be the ? mark. You just don't lose the entire line and pickup where you left off! It should be interesting though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where we left off was an offense that averaged 15 points per game over the last 3 games. I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but I've got alot of confidence in the team too, it's not like these kids that will be on the line have never seen a football before.

I'm just saying we've been hear before, and it wasn't the nuclear disaster some thought it would be. Anyone who thinks the Mavs will be too far off from the last couple of years will likely have a long evening and a longer ride home.

[ QUOTE ]

Where we left off was an offense that averaged 15 points per game over the last 3 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you finally started playing some QUALITY competition...unlike most of your regular season schedule...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Where we left off was an offense that averaged 15 points per game over the last 3 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you finally started playing some QUALITY competition...unlike most of your regular season schedule...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is we should've figured out before the season who the top 8 AA teams were and schedule all of them. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

That being said, we did play the other 2 semifinal teams, Bluefield and Scott, and Liberty and Wyoming East made the playoffs too. Even Bluefield only 6 opponents make the playoff, and them and JM had 4 common opponents and 3 of them were non-playoff teams.

Not sure what this little kick you've been on lately knocking JM is all about, but you need to get over it because your starting to make yourself look retarded.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is we should've figured out before the season who the top 8 AA teams were and schedule all of them. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

That being said, we did play the other 2 semifinal teams, Bluefield and Scott, and Liberty and Wyoming East made the playoffs too. Even Bluefield only 6 opponents make the playoff, and them and JM had 4 common opponents and 3 of them were non-playoff teams.

Not sure what this little kick you've been on lately knocking JM is all about, but you need to get over it because your starting to make yourself look retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can take it as a knock if you like, but my point is you aren't supposed to score 50+ points on your opponents in the State Quarters, Semis, and Finals...unless your team is REALLY that good...

[ QUOTE ]

Don't pay any attention to GMan. Graham has done nothing to brag about. So he tries to bring everyone else down to their level...

[/ QUOTE ]

OR maybe its because when you play the likes of Pikeview and such opponents you lose credibility...AND when quality programs such as Graham call you and you refuse to return calls you lose your credibility...maybe its just because you all cant take the heat of it all and playing these cupcakes like you do it will only HURT you in the playoffs...why do you think Graham and Bluefield have such rough schedules...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Don't pay any attention to GMan. Graham has done nothing to brag about. So he tries to bring everyone else down to their level...

[/ QUOTE ]

OR maybe its because when you play the likes of Pikeview and such opponents you lose credibility...AND when quality programs such as Graham call you and you refuse to return calls you lose your credibility...maybe its just because you all cant take the heat of it all and playing these cupcakes like you do it will only HURT you in the playoffs...why do you think Graham and Bluefield have such rough schedules...

[/ QUOTE ]

Their schedules are like ours, they have cupcakes too...

[/ QUOTE ]You can take it as a knock if you like, but my point is you aren't supposed to score 50+ points on your opponents in the State Quarters, Semis, and Finals...unless your team is REALLY that good...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your not usually going to put up that many points a the postseason, but my view's always been that if you take out the factors of special teams and turnover's (which I know you can't), a loss where you score under 20 points is the offenses fault, if you scored more than 20, the defense let you down, unless it's a bloout then you can usually blame both.

One reason why the single wing never gained popularity in Monroe County was the fact that during that 5 year span, JM never lost a "shootout", the only games we scored over 20 in were 46-20 and 63-22 loses to Poca and Weir.

Point is, you're not going to win very many games only scoring around 15 points. Coach Jackson let the Maverick's offense get too one-dimensional at times as well, especially in 2002, but most of the time you had to stop the run and the pass. quite simply, the air game's been the missing piece of the puzzle for several years at JM, God-willing we can get that taken care of.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They've got more State Titles than James Monroe/Peterstown/Union combined...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham and Princeton played a couple of years ago, why not anymore? It would have to look good for the Gmen if they could be a AAA school.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one of which was in the past 2 decades.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham and Princeton played a couple of years ago, why not anymore? It would have to look good for the Gmen if they could be a AAA school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Princeton didn't want to play...tired of losing to Graham EVERY TIME they played for the last 20 years...go ask Coach Spadero if you don't believe me...

2004...Graham 38 Princeton 7

1997...Graham 31 Princeton 10

1996...Graham 27 Princeton 0

1991...Graham 51 Princeton 0

1990...Graham 20 Princeton 12

1989...Graham 34 Princeton 0

1988...Graham 29 Princeton 0

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one of which was in the past 2 decades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Graham has won two State Titles in the last 20 years...1989 and 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]Because Princeton didn't want to play...tired of losing to Graham EVERY TIME they played for the last 20 years...go ask Coach Spadero if you don't believe me...

2004...Graham 38 Princeton 7

1997...Graham 31 Princeton 10

1996...Graham 27 Princeton 0

1991...Graham 51 Princeton 0

1990...Graham 20 Princeton 12

1989...Graham 34 Princeton 0

1988...Graham 29 Princeton 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some pretty nasty whippin's. BTW, what defensive set does Graham use most of the time?