any thoughts on who will be good this year?

atmtaz18

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well everybody knows where i'm from so my heart is saying tazewell but mind is saying abingdon and I'll tell you why, I played against neil henry and don't get me wrong cause he was a hell of a player but i was not intimidated by him. I thought their right wing was just as good as he was. So this is my listing

1. Abingdon - they play all year long, have team chemistry, and always has talent

2. Marion - once again they have talent and a crapload of seniors returning who would want to leave number one but a powerful abingdon team i think will best them in the end.

3. Carrol- they always have a great team and play physical and hard.

4. is a toss up between Tazewell and Graham but i am from tazewell so they get the edge. Tazewell- they have many holes to fill with me leaving at gk and 2/3 defenders leaving, 2/4 midfielders leaving. The good news is that i have played with the jv goalie and although i would like him to be more physical, he is fundamentally sound and should step in nicely. Tazewell also will have two odp's in the lineup which helps them out alot.

5. Graham- they have alot of heart and i love what coach furry is doin but with the competition at its highest level i see many hard fought losses.

6. Richlands- still a new program learning the ropes just not enough talent to compete yet.

7. Grundy- i should'nt even be mentioning them after the dirty move they did last year but if they indeed compete then i see them losin every game putting them in last.

so wat big ol dirty move did grundy do??

i know its early, but does anyone have any thoughts on who will be good this year in the southwest district?

so im a girl and a junior from rhs.

for the boys-

im seeing abingdon winning the regular season

but marion close at there heels to win tournament play

i think tazewell lost ALOT of their talent last year but theyll still be a contender

the same goes for graham who is in my opinion completely underrated

carroll they always have awesome footwork and play hard till the last minute they could cause some upsets this season

and ...the beloved rhs boys team..theyve worked alot in the off season and have began to get a feel for how each other play,,i dont think this will be there year but theyll def get some attention

as for the girls

abingdon- numero uno..no doubt...there goalies gone and there defense isnt phenominal however they push the ball up front have amazing first touches and really move the ball well

graham/tazewell--both could have awesome a year or mediocre wait and see

carroll--they arent the most skilled but they are agressive and can score!

marion- young but coming along

richlands- we just wanna not get killed

at the moment were missing one of our players if not the best Kirby Moir the center mid to injury if she comes bak she cud change the whole season for us. yeahhhh...

for the boys-

i think tazewell lost ALOT of their talent last year but theyll still be a contender

carroll they always have awesome footwork and play hard till the last minute they could cause some upsets this season

and ...the beloved rhs boys team..theyve worked alot in the off season and have began to get a feel for how each other play,,i dont think this will be there year but theyll def get some attention

as for the girls

abingdon- numero uno..no doubt...there goalies gone and there defense isnt phenominal however they push the ball up front have amazing first touches and really move the ball well

at the moment were missing one of our players if not the best Kirby Moir the center mid to injury if she comes bak she cud change the whole season for us. yeahhhh...

thats the first weve heard anything from richlands. but ya i agree with that.

for the boys-

as for the girls

with the richlands guys team i see where you are coming from. my senior year (i graduated in 07) they started showing glimmers of hope and showed that they could be a force if they got the right players in the right places and if they could get a few people on the bench so they have depth. i would worry about Richlands to take that underdog status and beat up on some teams in the SWD. they may not win but they could tire teams like Abingdon down and help in their defeats later in the season.

plus abingdon will be more of a team this year. sure neil was the best, but everyone else has been playing together all their lives and have a lot of team chemistry

I used to play with them all.. Abingdon sweepers and strikers. There isnt team chemistry ha. Marion definitely has advantage there.

I used to play with them all.. Abingdon sweepers and strikers. There isnt team chemistry ha. Marion definitely has advantage there.

how come you dont play with them anymore?

well everybody knows where i'm from so my heart is saying tazewell but mind is saying abingdon and I'll tell you why, I played against neil henry and don't get me wrong cause he was a hell of a player but i was not intimidated by him. I thought their right wing was just as good as he was. So this is my listing

1. Abingdon - they play all year long, have team chemistry, and always has talent

2. Marion - once again they have talent and a crapload of seniors returning who would want to leave number one but a powerful abingdon team i think will best them in the end.

3. Carrol- they always have a great team and play physical and hard.

4. is a toss up between Tazewell and Graham but i am from tazewell so they get the edge. Tazewell- they have many holes to fill with me leaving at gk and 2/3 defenders leaving, 2/4 midfielders leaving. The good news is that i have played with the jv goalie and although i would like him to be more physical, he is fundamentally sound and should step in nicely. Tazewell also will have two odp's in the lineup which helps them out alot.

5. Graham- they have alot of heart and i love what coach furry is doin but with the competition at its highest level i see many hard fought losses.

6. Richlands- still a new program learning the ropes just not enough talent to compete yet.

7. Grundy- i should'nt even be mentioning them after the dirty move they did last year but if they indeed compete then i see them losin every game putting them in last.

give grundy a chance they were just starting up last year and they didn't have enough for 2 teams so by swd rules the seniors could play down.. and not to mention the consecutive wins against richlands.. by the way what do you call a dirty move??

against richlands?? what a great game that must have been.

i agree glodenwavesoccer but theres no sense in ignorant comments on how good each team is or putting teams down.. grundy may not be the best team but like he said the program is just getting started there.. and i see some potiental in this years varsity team. and i wish good luck to all teams in the district.

give grundy a chance they were just starting up last year and they didn't have enough for 2 teams so by swd rules the seniors could play down.. and not to mention the consecutive wins against richlands.. by the way what do you call a dirty move??

Because, lets face it and i mean no disrespect to j.v., but its not varsity. It is not as important as varsity. I'm all for j.v. cause that literaly is the future of varsity. My problem is, grundy said, "We'll have a varsity team. Were a force to be reckon with. Just wait and see" And Grundy cancels there varsity team and plays j.v. which cheated every varsity team out of two games. Two games i would have loved to play my senior year. So just stop talking about being a force to be reckoned with, honestly i don't even think you all should have the right to talk on this site until your "varsity" team actually plays a varsity game