ACC Referees

LegendatLegion

I hope no one has posted this already, but is it just me or do they really suck or what? I saw things last night i have never seen before, either they were just sadly horribly inept or they blatantly cheated a couple of times.

I have never seen the guy stand over the ball after a timeout and not let the VT kids center and then call a delay of game on Tech. ESPN tried to get Beamer to say something, but he chose not to say much, probably in fear of the fine.

Then on a first down pass conversion they marked the ball at least 1 and a half yards behind where the receiver had forward progress. This after watching the replay which clearly showed he had gained near the 31 they marked it at the 34 and VT had to run another play to get a first down.

Another VT receiver caught a ball and got out of bounds, (at least that one was close) and they ran the clock.

Seemed like everytime VT got a first down that was close they reviewed it ( i actually have no problem with that ) rarely with UM.

Also in the second half Maryland kid caught a ball and ran back (untouched) 6 yards and out of bounds, they gave him forward progress.

YES i am VT fan, but i just can't believe some of the calls i saw.

ACC officiating is TERRIBLE. I mean, it takes a certain level of inept behavior to incorrectly call a FG (UNC-UVA 2007).

We had one bad call bite us in the rear last week when Kevin Ogletree caught a big 3rd-down pass 25 yards downfield (in Miami territory) in the 4th quarter, get 1 foot down ONE WHOLE YARD inside the sideline, and the referees called him incomplete and confirmed the replay. Even a good friend of mine, a Miami graduate, thought that call was bogus.

ACC officiating is downright terrible, no two bones about it.

The scary part to me is you have instant replay and they will not change an obvious mistake after reviewing it. Why do you even have it. Last year (i have game plan) i watched tons of games all over the country, and they would not hesitate to change a call or a spot if replay showed it was in error. This year it seems there's a mass rebellion/stubborness to change anything. I was watching CBS last week and Vern Lundquist and Gary Danielson were laughing/joking about the fact.

Do they feel threatened or what, are they corrupt? I really hope with all my heart that it is some other factor than being corrupt. I can handle inept if they are honestly trying, the comissioner needs to step in and do something. I hope they review each weeks performance and they are "graded",etc..

The scary part to me is you have instant replay and they will not change an obvious mistake after reviewing it.

The scarier part is when the review "confirms" the bad call on the field...:eek: