The Gene Chizik Saga

vthokies4life

Have you all been keeping up with this? Chizik, a white dude, was hired as the new head coach at Auburn while people think Turner Gill was more fit for the job, resulting in people crying racism! everywhere, along with articles such as this.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/DN-taylorcolumn_19spo.State.Edition1.3a83e59.html

I just kind of thought Auburn hired Chizik based on his history with the team. He was the Defensive Coordinator the year Auburn went undefeated. Apparently that's not a good enough reason.

Anyone who thinks the Chizik hire was racially motivated is, to use a famous quote, "certifiably insane". It makes me physically ill to see people play the "race card" at any foreseeable opportunity. I thought the media learned that lesson after the Duke lacrosse incident. Guess not.

Chizik was the DC of two straight national title teams, one of them at, holy cow, Auburn! Coincidence, I think not. Of course, he didn't succeed at Iowa State, but that program is (a) in the Big XII and (b) much misaligned. Forget the fact that ISU lost 4 close games this last season, leading to the most deceptive 2-10 mark in the entire country.