Oct 10 - Boston College

Oct 17 - @ Ga. Tech

Oct 24 - open

Oct 29 - North Carolina (Thur. - ESPN)

Nov 5 - @ East Carolina (Thur.-ESPN)

Nov 14 - @ Maryland

Nov 21 - NC State

Nov 28 - @ UVa

IF Tech can get past 'Bama I think they should have a great shot at an undefeated season...of course we will still have Stiney...so never mind.

I will agree that the odds greatly increase if VT shocks 'Bama. That's when the schedule sets up well for you.

Still, VT has those one-two "hiccup" games per year, almost regardless of year.

But the SEC absolutely owns the ACC. Like the varsity playing the JV at times. Just not optimistic, but it could happen.

Yep, the SEC owned the ACC to the tune of 6-6 record, head-to-head, last season...

Last season was the anomaly in the cycle. Any objective viewer could see that the SEC was down last year.

Even then, Alabama and LSU romped over 2 of the ACC's top 3 bowl participants. The first to start the season, the second to end it.

Edited by UVAObserver

I will agree that the odds greatly increase if VT shocks 'Bama. That's when the schedule sets up well for you.

Still, VT has those one-two "hiccup" games per year, almost regardless of year.

But the SEC absolutely owns the ACC. Like the varsity playing the JV at times. Just not optimistic, but it could happen.

dONT KNOW IF IT REALLY WILL BE A SHOCK... I THIBK BOTH TEAMS WILL BE RANKED ANYWHERE FORM 7-10 WHEN THE PRESEASON POLLS ARE RELEASED

And it is a good thing that we always get to finish the regular season with a win. It is not how you start it is how you finish.

No disrespect intended toward the reasonable VT fans on this board:

Beamer's record in bowls: 7-9

Groh's record in bowls: 3-2

Just because you get the "chance" to end your season with a win doesn't mean you do. And it doesn't mean that your rival school never does. The years UVA has missed bowls in the last 20 years, it's always been 5-6/5-7. UVA hasn't won fewer than 5 games in a season since 1986. Before you were born, am I right? And that's a longer streak than the Hokies can claim to have.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest BEAVERTAIL

This all started because of the "WVUfansyndrome", I might have to change the name since it seems to be working from all sides now.

In the above, UVAob. posted his thoughts on the upcoming VT season, and they have merit and are reasonable. But because his thoughts arent to the max 100% for VT, he gets bashed because his team isn't up to standards as of late.

Guys, if you want to discuss something go ahead, dont change the subject at hand. It shows that UVAob and other posters are right cause you dont want to present your opinion, instead you bash the poster. Show your intellect and discuss it, lets quit making it a pissing match.

Every thread I see turns into a VT/UVA, VT/WVU, VT/LSU/UM thread and it gets on my nerves. Stop it. Discuss the topic at hand.

Resume.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
where will UVA start out at?

Yup. Thats right under the title of the thread. ;)

This all started because of the "WVUfansyndrome", I might have to change the name since it seems to be working from all sides now.

In the above, UVAob. posted his thoughts on the upcoming VT season, and they have merit and are reasonable. But because his thoughts arent to the max 100% for VT, he gets bashed because his team isn't up to standards as of late.

Guys, if you want to discuss something go ahead, dont change the subject at hand. It shows that UVAob and other posters are right cause you dont want to present your opinion, instead you bash the poster. Show your intellect and discuss it, lets quit making it a pissing match.

Every thread I see turns into a VT/UVA, VT/WVU, VT/LSU/UM thread and it gets on my nerves. Stop it. Discuss the topic at hand.

Resume.

Thanks for posting that, and hopefully nipping this in the bud (at least for this thread).

Perfect post, perfect timing.

To get straight to the topic at hand, I'm guessing either 9-3 or 10-2 for the Hokies. Alabama as a loss, and 1-2 of the ACC teams. Miami and UNC have the best chance.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Tech will lose the first big game of the season, (hey history repeats itself fellas) and then lose a game late in the season no one expected.

They will go to the ACC Champ, and win like usual, maybe for the last time in 3-5 years.

Why? Ok,history does change and Miami, UNC, GT, and Clemson start putting out some teams that will be a force to reckon with.