Will anyone be able to compete with the River Ridge this year?

region4fan

Are there any teams out there that will be able to compete with the River Ridge teams like Blacksburg, Hidden Valley, and Cave Spring? The cake walked thru the region last year. What does the Piedmont and Southwest have this year? Predictions for all three districts???

atm is right. the only one that could compete with RRD from the SWD would be Abingdon and MAYBE Marion. Graham could turn some heads this year though with it being Landon's senior year and he has a pretty good surrounding cast. i dont see anyone from this area competing with Blacksburg but those three teams could give HV and CS a run for their money.

abingdon will be able to compete with them possibly beat them. i dont see marion having a chance with any RRD teams.

Abingdon? beat Blacksburg? dont count on it man. i mean i would love to see it. but Blacksburg is wayyyyy above ANYONE in the state when it comes to guys soccer.

Abingdon? beat Blacksburg? dont count on it man. i mean i would love to see it. but Blacksburg is wayyyyy above ANYONE in the state when it comes to guys soccer.

That must be the reason they won the state title last year.

Yeah they really aren't that far above any teams east of probably roanoke, but as for the Southwest district they are leaps and bounds ahead of us. Will help everybody out except for i guess caroll and abingdon if they go to the div 3 and 4 systems like football and now have in basketball. In that case nobody except like i said caroll or abingdon will play them in the playoffs.

The last time Blacksburg played Abingdon....

it was Abingdon and it was 6-0 at halftime. Final score 8-1 Blacksburg

Looking at their website, their JV team was 15-1. A program like that does not rebuild they reload. Their JV team could have won the SWD last year.

yeah im sure...

agreed, i got made fun of last year for saying that i thought a swd team could upset them and i don't blame them haha But you got to go in thinking you can win every game although you probably wont