refs help decide game

uvahooelse

First of all I would like to congratulate Narrows on winning the game. However, when the foul situation is 39 fouls on Northwood and 10 on Narrows I begin to wonder what really happened. Refs are not suppose to help decide games but if you were in attendance at this game it was obvious from the very beginning. The tape is already on its way to the VHSL in hopes the :confused:three refs do not officiate in the near future. Again, congrats Narrows and I hope you do well in the state.

i think that the refs need to be fair cause i don't know how many games the tazewell bulldogs have lost to unfair refs. It would be a close game but start of 4th quarter the calls get really bad. those refs should be banned from calling games. know how you feel we got those same calls at narrows and that lost the game for us but yours is worse when it is in regional play.

First of all I would like to congratulate Narrows on winning the game. However, when the foul situation is 39 fouls on Northwood and 10 on Narrows I begin to wonder what really happened. Refs are not suppose to help decide games but if you were in attendance at this game it was obvious from the very beginning. The tape is already on its way to the VHSL in hopes the :confused:three refs do not officiate in the near future. Again, congrats Narrows and I hope you do well in the state.

Today's refs are so inconsistent. One ref I talked to said you could hand check with one hand. Another ref said you could not. Come on. Please get together and at least have refs have some consistency. I know that you are not going to satisfy everyone but at least meet and have some clarity to what should and should not be called. Also, the team which is suppose to win gets the benefit of the calls in 90% of the games. I know that it is a hard job, but this has been the worst year of officiating that I have ever seen.

I agree - officiating across the board has been terrible this year - I hate when the officials decide the game and not the kids. I understand that it is impossible to see everything but I think being consistant - calling the same things on both ends is possible - and is expected.

I have watched alot of games this year and I can think of only a couple of officials that have done a good job - and generally those officials are just one in a crew of three - so it is hard for them to make it fair.

Officials are possible the only people associated with high school sports that get paid a decent wage - I wished that at the end of the game or the next day coaches could rate officials - but that does not happen in the SWD - I have been told that the SWD is short officials - having only 92 [i think was the number] for basketball and when there are alot of games and 3 men on a crew it is hard to find enough - so we should be thankful that we get what we get -- I haven't gotten thankful yet --

Kids deserve to have the game called fairly -

I played for Tazewell this year and the only thing that made me mad about the officials were tech. fouls. Yes we did deserve the techs that we got but then some teams would turn around and do the exact same thing and there was not a tech called. If you are going to call a tech foul for one team and then the other team does the exact same thing then you have to call a tech. There were multiple games this year that this happened to us.

The refs are fair on Playstation 3
i dont know man, i was playin my dynasty last night with wvu and i had 2 go up to georgetown and smith and butler were in foul trouble the whole game...good thing i had cammeron thoroughman to pick up the slack!!

i agree 100% there are a handful of good refs in this area.. you could probably count them on one hand.. but its weird how the color jersey your wearing determines whether your elbow or your over the back or your walk.. actual causes a whistle to be blown.. it hurts to watch a game that the kids work so hard to win, be decided by 3 people in striped shirts, instead of the determination and endurance of the athletes..

The refs are fair on Playstation 3

On my NCAA09 Football dynasty, some of the reviewed plays are so dumb. I've seen the computer catch a pass three steps out of bounds and count it and when I review it Corso and Herb are giving me down the road, "Don't know why he's challenging this one, he's just wasting a time out!" Blah blah blah...play stands.

It gives me wicked ulcers.

Some of the refs this year have made some very questionable calls in a lot of important games (and its not about the foul count because they make that even) its about the time of the game the calls are being made. Most of the calls come at crucial times when it can give one of the teams an advantage.