Just wondering?

pigskincleat

I noticed a few of the same names keep showing up for these so called all-star games in basketball. If any of these kids are playing spring sports, they may have cost their team by being ruled ineligible. Rule 28-11-1 of the vhsl rules, states that a senior is only allowed to play in ONE all-star game. If they play in more than one, they are no longer eligible to play any sanctioned high school sport. Anyway, I was just curious.

I would say since the games they are playing in are not truly sanctioned VHSL all star games that it does not count against them. The VHSL all star games are not until June-July. I'd say they are referring to those.

I would say since the games they are playing in are not truly sanctioned VHSL all star games that it does not count against them. The VHSL all star games are not until June-July. I'd say they are referring to those.

This is correct -- the VHSL All Star Games are held in July in Hampton, VA. The athletes that play in these are selected by the VHSL coaches association -- so needless to say not every senior gets a chance to play. Additionally, you can only play in one - for example if a kid is selected to play in the basketball all star game they they cannot play in the baseball all star game -- Selection for these games comes in the order of the seasons which they are played -- Fall sports are selected - then winter sports - then spring -- most kids accept the invitation to play in the first one they are offered even if this is not their favorite sport -- they understand that it is an honor and want to be able to play in one --

The games that are being played around here are for ALL SENIORS -- it's a great idea -- a good chance for the kids to play together again -- all the athletes I have talked with have really enjoyed it as well.