Graham Varsity Soccer Team

wavesoccer_24

Hey all you Graham V Soccer Players thanks for a good game yesterday. Unfortunately this was my last game with you guys and i just want to say that your team (in my opinion) has the best sportsmanship in the district. No offense to anyone else but these guys have earned my respect and set an example on how a real soccer game is played and that even though we were the opposing team we all found time to talk and get along. THANKS!!!

Grundy #24

Hey all you Graham V Soccer Players thanks for a good game yesterday. Unfortunately this was my last game with you guys and i just want to say that your team (in my opinion) has the best sportsmanship in the district. No offense to anyone else but these guys have earned my respect and set an example on how a real soccer game is played and that even though we were the opposing team we all found time to talk and get along. THANKS!!!

Grundy #24

that is fine but you have not even played carroll yet but I do have to agree that Graham has gotten better over the last few years with their sportsmanship

last year was a pretty good year in sportsmanship i beleive. Someone from marion got kicked out last year and the defenders and me sat down and had a talk with the forwards from marion haha I just think rivarly games get pretty heated and they should be.

that is fine but you have not even played carroll yet but I do have to agree that Graham has gotten better over the last few years with their sportsmanship

What do you mean gotten better? We've always been a classy team. Carroll has the worst sportsmanship I have seen in my life. I have not seen or played in a Carroll game where a CC player didn't get a card. Carroll has no respect for their coach. I heard one of their captains on the sideline cussing out his coach.

Every team has their moments but some are worse than others.

you know what, i actually gained a little respect for you just cause you didn't deny it or make some excuse for your brother.

I dont think that carrol is the dirtiest team here though, i just think they play so physical that teams get angry and react that way. I know i played a hell of a game down there once and when we were leaving many of the players came over and congratuated me and what not, including the coach, and thats why were friends. So as far as sportsmanship, i think every team has it, just not at the same time haha

What do you mean gotten better? We've always been a classy team. Carroll has the worst sportsmanship I have seen in my life. I have not seen or played in a Carroll game where a CC player didn't get a card. Carroll has no respect for their coach. I heard one of their captains on the sideline cussing out his coach.

where are you from. I am sorry but I have never heard one of our captains cuss out our coach.

WOW! never speak again after this post! CC is definitely one of the best teams sportsmanship wise i EVER played against. college or high school. PERIOD. they have the utmost respect for the teams they play against and that comes from love of the game. every year during CC i always came away with my head up no matter what the outcome. if we lost, they wished us luck against whoever we played next. if we won, the same. they were and still are a very classy team. i never got any crap from a CC player other than respect. and they have my respect completely.

Last time we played Carroll is that why one of their players was standing directly in front of me when I was getting ready to punt calling me ### and stuff.

who are you? WHat team do you play for?

I am talking about Graham back before Hank. I have all the respect in the world for what he has done for your program.

By the way getting a card does not make you a player that does not have class. You can get a card for being aggressive and that is not a bad thing. I know for a fact that our coaches would not stand for what you have accused us of being. I have not seen many games where the referees of the SWD have not given at least one card.

Getting cards have nothing to do with playing with class. That again goes to watch a real soccer game like i've said before happens a lot.

Although i do remember my freshman year so 3 yrs ago at carrol county a very classless thing happening. I believe all parties have graduated by now, and no you shouldn't hit someone a start a brawl. It all started however from that one guy spitting in one of our players face, so happened he had two brothers on the team.

So i think every team has their moments. But overall i think the SWD plays the game clean.

Getting cards have nothing to do with playing with class. That again goes to watch a real soccer game like i've said before happens a lot.

Although i do remember my freshman year so 3 yrs ago at carrol county a very classless thing happening. I believe all parties have graduated by now, and no you shouldn't hit someone a start a brawl. It all started however from that one guy spitting in one of our players face, so happened he had two brothers on the team.

So i think every team has their moments. But overall i think the SWD plays the game clean.

Taz 11 are you sure it started with the spit or did it start by one of the brothers talking smack and also the referees that did not stop it before it got out of hand. Believe me the entire team paid for that mistake with Carroll. But you are right no matter what everyone playing high school sports are teenagers and you are going to have someone to lose it every now and then.

I believe the entire SWD has gotten better over the last five to six years.

Taz 11 are you sure it started with the spit or did it start by one of the brothers talking smack and also the referees that did not stop it before it got out of hand. Believe me the entire team paid for that mistake with Carroll. But you are right no matter what everyone playing high school sports are teenagers and you are going to have someone to lose it every now and then.

I believe the entire SWD has gotten better over the last five to six years.

Well the fight started directly from the spit, and the refs ran when the fight broke out so no that didn't help either. I mean yes i won't argue that our team that year did a whole lot of talking, but still you can't spit on someone no matter what the reason. haha. Oh and we had our payment for that too, the dam at lincolnshire gets longer with every trip, plus it's hard to run til your coach gets out of breath.

It really has showed much improvement in the past 4 years that I have noticed, but everybody will still have a bad apple every now and then.

Grundy #24

they maybe my teammate but i disagree, after last nite i believe that CC has the best sportsmanship AND they play a hard game but within reason

Well the fight started directly from the spit, and the refs ran when the fight broke out so no that didn't help either. I mean yes i won't argue that our team that year did a whole lot of talking, but still you can't spit on someone no matter what the reason. haha. Oh and we had our payment for that too, the dam at lincolnshire gets longer with every trip, plus it's hard to run til your coach gets out of breath.

It really has showed much improvement in the past 4 years that I have noticed, but everybody will still have a bad apple every now and then.

haha dude that dam had never seemed so steep that day