Any members of the 1989 GHS State Championship Team here?

Kingbean

Eaves had two long runs called back, but scored on equally long runs immediately after each run, so his yardage may not have been much more than what it was, it was not like the runs were called back and then Giles didn't score. The Gmen answered each score with a score of their own, one on a long drive another on a long pass to either TP or Kingbean (I know it is you sticky fingers). I personally think the qb from Salem was the best player we faced that year, can't spell his name but he is coach there now. Guy was a hoss, could run, throw, and flat out bring it on "d", if he doesn't break his neck, I don't think Indians beat them in playoffs. I agree about us facing lots of good backs that year, dude from Radford was a man also,and don't forget the big back from South Hampton who had pretty much carried his team all year.

I think that Qb's name from Salem was "Megabauer" or something like that. He was just a soph when we played him but you are right, he was the real deal on both sides of the ball. I had forgotten that the Giles RB was Shawn Eaves. I think in terms of how I would rank the RBs that season, I would have to go with (1) Radford (2) Salem (3) Giles (4) Blacksburg (5) Southhampton. In terms of QBs, (1) Salem (2) Cburg (kid had a cannon) (3) Blacksburg (Crist was solid)

Just got back from coaching "Sticky Fingers Jr" on the soccer pitch tonight. At 10, she plays against girls two years senior and already hits harder than her dad ever did in HS.

Guest lookoutmountain

Giles went up 1 TD to none, Graham scored a TD. Giles scored again quickly to go up 2 TD's to 1 TD. Graham scored quickly again making it 2 TD's a piece. Graham then put the game away. There was never a point in the game went Giles went up 20-6 or 3 TD's to 1.

Another thing that made the GMen unscored on steak so hard to believe is that we played twice on Monday and Friday due to lightening at halftime against C'Burg and Hugo against Grundy. The GMen played two district games in one week, Grundy on Monday, Richlands on Friday.

As far as the RB's go, I would rate Ramsey (Radford) as number one, good size and power, and the rest as all very good and close to him. The big guy from South Hampton was a load and compressed my spine, but he could only go forward, there was no lateral movement with him. The qb's were all pretty good, but Magebauer was above the rest. Don't forget that Billy Wagner had a cannon arm at Tazewell that year also.

Parker was in the 8th grade then. He graduated with us in '94. Our soph year '91 is when he ran wild on us.

That was my brother's senior year. Didn't Marcus run over 230 yards against GHS that game?