Is there anyway that Region D could go to a 6 team playoff system this year?

dogtalk

Why is a team not deserving with a 6-4 or even a 5-5 record? In 94 Gate City lost in the State Title game by a score of 12 to 7 after going 6-4 in the regular season. In 88 Jonesville not only played for a State Title but won it after going 5-5 in the regular season. Appalachia also won a State Title after going 5-5 in the regular season. That is three teams I can think of right off that made the title game after going 6-4 or 5-5 and two of those teams brought home State Crowns. Where they not deserving to be in the playoffs? Would have been bad if Suprbeasts logic was in effect then.

Open the playoffs up to 6 teams. If they are not deserving teams then they will not last long. It will really make things more interesting. Right now all Honaker needs to do is win three games a year to make the playoffs and could make it in with a 3-7 record one of these years. It will not be a big deal to have a 6 team playoff. It is a win win situation.

GC also won their district title and got an automatic playoff spot in '94. I think the playoffs are too watered down as is. As an old timer, I remember a very good 1973 GC team that might have been Coach Fry's third best team behind the '74 and '70 team. They got their QB hurt and lost to Va High. They were 9-1 and SWD co-champs, but didn't go to the playoffs. They simply didn't take care of business. At one time making the playoffs was a great honor. Now it has become somewhat of a disgrace if you don't.

GC also won their district title and got an automatic playoff spot in '94. I think the playoffs are too watered down as is. As an old timer, I remember a very good 1973 GC team that might have been Coach Fry's third best team behind the '74 and '70 team. They got their QB hurt and lost to Va High. They were 9-1 and SWD co-champs, but didn't go to the playoffs. They simply didn't take care of business. At one time making the playoffs was a great honor. Now it has become somewhat of a disgrace if you don't.

The only honor that should matter is to win state not just make the playoffs.

Just like I said, other teams with not as good of a record are going to the playoffs. Why should Hurley be any different playing under the same program as all other schools...we DESERVE to go as well as the BIG BOYS..what is the big deal, all that can happen is they win or lose...I think it would be nice to say hey, "We are going to the playoffs but we don't know how far we will get but just proud to go" if its just the first round at least they felt they had accomplised something...Hurley is not too shabby this year either and look to be better next year so, yea, i say we should have the same opportunity as other schools as it being under the same program....

Just like I said, other teams with not as good of a record are going to the playoffs. Why should Hurley be any different playing under the same program as all other schools...we DESERVE to go as well as the BIG BOYS..what is the big deal, all that can happen is they win or lose...I think it would be nice to say hey, "We are going to the playoffs but we don't know how far we will get but just proud to go" if its just the first round at least they felt they had accomplised something...Hurley is not too shabby this year either and look to be better next year so, yea, i say we should have the same opportunity as other schools as it being under the same program....

They can let everyone in for all I care. The ones not deserving to be there will be weeded out.