Harrison Barnes headed to Chapel Hill

Bluefield_Rules

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=919328

This kid was long, long, long thought to be a lock for the dookies. They were on him hard nearly a year before Ol' Roy jumped in. This is a good as beating dook on the court. Roy Williams is the best recruiter in the game. How long before the Rat retires? LMAO

Tar!

Heels!

13868_1241090420707_1032699849_759656_5707043_n.jpg

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=919328

This kid was long, long, long thought to be a lock for the dookies. They were on him hard nearly a year before Ol' Roy jumped in. This is a good as beating dook on the court. Roy Williams is the best recruiter in the game. How long before the Rat retires? LMAO

Tar!

Heels!

13868_1241090420707_1032699849_759656_5707043_n.jpg

I think it's better than beating dook on the court. This will stick with k for the next 3 years. Plus, k will eventually learn he has to find another way recruiting. If he sees Roy going after player he wants, he'll slowly back away and find someone else to recruit. :)

Guest JJBrickface
I think it's better than beating dook on the court. This will stick with k for the next 3 years. Plus, k will eventually learn he has to find another way recruiting. If he sees Roy going after player he wants, he'll slowly back away and find someone else to recruit. :)

Better than beating them on the court?? I'm sorry but that makes zero sense.

Guest JJBrickface
Then you don't follow recruiting, or at least this recruitment. It's huge and even the die-hard dookies I know readily admit that.

So you are saying that if Duke beats UNC every game that Harrison Barnes plays against them it will be ok because UNC got Barnes over Duke in recruitment? Once again, that is just plain stupid.

I never said it wasn't a good pickup for UNC I just said he won't be the guy who brings them a title. He's not that type of player. The 2010 class is a very weak recruiting class. There are no John Walls or Brandon Jennings. All the players in the top 10 are about the same in skill levels. He is good but in any other year he would be top 20.

I never said it wasn't a good pickup for UNC I just said he won't be the guy who brings them a title. He's not that type of player. The 2010 class is a very weak recruiting class.

The recruiting folks that scout these kids disagree with you.

There are no John Walls or Brandon Jennings.

Let me just say thank goodness! Those two are talented, but come with a A LOT of baggage and character question marks.

Here's what some of the experts had to say about Barnes:

Dave Telep, Scout.com National Recruiting Director

"I think it's one of those groundbreaking moments. This guy is this like adding an amazing piece to a unit that already had championship aspirations. This is like adding Albert Pujols to the Yankees lineup. When I think of Harrison, I think about a winner with a business-like approach who will be one of the games best competitors this decade."

Rob Harrington, Editor of Prepstars.com and the Recruiter's Handbook

"I think Barnes' impact at Carolina is more profound than a lot of people realize. The recruitment story was shaped in terms of WIlliams vs. K and about UNC piling on the luxury recruit, but I don't think that's true. I think strictly in terms of his impact on the court for the Tar Heels, he is a difference maker because he fills two critical needs. They needed a scorer and they also needed a three-point shooter. He's both of those. Barnes has the attacking mentality. Bullock is also a great shooter, but tends to defer when surrounded by top talent so I think he may be a year or two away from stardom. The basketball impact Barnes will have has been overlooked a little bit because of the symbolism that his decision represents."

Jeff Goodman, FoxSports.com Senior College Basketball Writer

"As far as what a get this is for Carolina - it's huge. HUGE. They've put themselves in a position to win a national title next year. He's that piece, along with Marshall and Bullock, that they need to get back to where they are competing for a national title. As I've written, I don't think they can win a national title this year, but Barnes is one of those guys you can give the ball to who can make a play when you need it. He's the overall package. There are no chinks in the armour - he's got the demeanor, leadership, what he does on the court offensively and defensively. Is he the most talented incoming college basketball recruit in years? Probably not. But he's about as good an overall prospect, when you consider every intangible, that I've seen in a long time."

You all can think whatever you like though. We'll find out in less than a year.

Better than beating them on the court?? I'm sorry but that makes zero sense.

So you are saying that if Duke beats UNC every game that Harrison Barnes plays against them it will be ok because UNC got Barnes over Duke in recruitment? Once again, that is just plain stupid.

A little tongue in cheek there JJ. Of course I'd much prefer the Heels beat dook on the court. What I meant was in the long run over a period of time this will mean more for the program of UNC than beating dook over and over again. Roy has already proven he can beat k on the court. By coming in late and stealing HB from dook is off the charts good for Roy and UNC.

Guest JJBrickface
A little tongue in cheek there JJ. Of course I'd much prefer the Heels beat dook on the court. What I meant was in the long run over a period of time this will mean more for the program of UNC than beating dook over and over again. Roy has already proven he can beat k on the court. By coming in late and stealing HB from dook is off the charts good for Roy and UNC.

ok that makes a little more sense.