Pruitt to marshall?

jets

I doubt his health could endure being a college coach any longer.

Completely agree. That's the very reason he stepped down at UVA, and he was just the DC there...

Bob Pruett will definitely get his interview just out of pure respect, if anything. But there's also a lot of smoke with this and many inside sources are saying there's fire. Pruett has been hanging around in the shadows of Huntington and the football program ever since he left Charlottesville. While sitting in the background, he's also been putting a bug in the ears in some of the big dogs, noting that he's again interested in the job. Many supporters have publicly stated they'd be willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen. Don't forget that Pruett has many direct ties to several Marshall BOG members, too.

Pruett recognizes the talent on the team that has never been fully tapped into, and he's licking his chops at being able to coach it. He has stated publicly several times that he'd love to coach the talent that Mark Snyder has been bringing in. It's also highly speculated that he wants to coach next year because WVU will be making its 2nd trip to Huntington, and that's something he spent his whole career trying to do. It's not a secret at all that he would do anything for the slightest chance to beat MU's "big brother" at home in front of a sold-out crowd.

While I agree that his health may sideline him in the near future, there is a strong case that Pruett is just what Marshall needs again. Both parties understand that this won't be a long-term fix. Most think he would be a great fill for a season or two - as this is a very critical point concerning Marshall football. They have lost millions of dollars in financial support due to the decision the keep Snyder on the sidelines these last couple years. And like most other colleges, the football program is essentially the lifeline of the university.

In my opinion, Pruett will most likely be the next head football coach at Marshall. The decision to hire Pruett short-term would automatically unite the fan base once again, regain donors and other lost financial support, and more importantly bring wins back to the program. Once those factors fall into place and Pruett is able to coach no longer, then Marshall can try the coaching search once again with a bigger budget and hopefully some of their lost prestige.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I have been hearing of Pruett coming to Marshall, then taking Chad Pennington under his wing.

Im sure this might be a stretch, but who wouldnt love to see a Marshall team coached by Pennington???

I have been hearing of Pruett coming to Marshall, then taking Chad Pennington under his wing.

Im sure this might be a stretch, but who wouldnt love to see a Marshall team coached by Pennington???

That is every Herd fan's dream. He is by and far my favorite football player ever.

Unfortunately, I don't ever see Chad Pennington getting into coaching. He graduated with a degree in Journalism, so I think that we'll be watching him on ESPN calling football games and commentating one day here soon. If he wants to be able to hold his kids and/or grand kids in the future, he'll hang it up in the NFL. His shoulder is shreds right now. I don't think he has it in him to earn the NFL Comeback Player of the Year for a 3rd time.

Although, if he were to ever accept a coaching position, I would start Chad off slowly (i.e. QB coach for a couple seasons and then ease him into the offensive coordinator position) in order to get him adjusted to coaching football. Pennington is a born leader, and would one day make a great coach for some team out there. He was on campus for the spring game and had a "players only" meeting with the team. Rumor has it that Mark Snyder tried to walk into it and CP let him know he wasn't welcome. Of course, inspired play can only take you so far - coaching has to step up at some point.