Hokies to play Tennessee in Chick Fil a bowl

the watcher

YEah most likely this scenario is going to play but it will not be set in stone until after all of the championship games this weekend. There is a chance that if New Mexico State were to beat Boise State then VT could end up in a BCS bowl, although Boise will prolly beat them by 40. As a VT fan I will enjoy the matchup but VT really deserves a better opponent than Tennessee. VT is in the top 12 of the BCS and Tennessee is not even ranked therefore it makes no sense that VT will have to play UT rather than a better team.

It is a no win situation for VT, if they win the bowl game then it's not a big deal because all we did was beat a 7-5 Tennessee team. It would not be an impressive win. Then there is the other side and that Tennessee could possibly win. I understand that they want bowl games that they can sell out but VT deserves much better competition!!!

I have disagreed with everyone about the VT/UT matchup and finally someone sees the possibility I have stated. I think the Chick-Fil-A committee would droul even more at the possibility of a Georgia/Clemson game given the bowl location in Atlanta.

Read on through to the 5th bullet of the document below: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/6721/sec-bowls-starting-to-take-shape

They don't want Georgia Tech or Georgia because most people would drive and go home, not stay extended time in a motel.

YEah most likely this scenario is going to play but it will not be set in stone until after all of the championship games this weekend. There is a chance that if New Mexico State were to beat Boise State then VT could end up in a BCS bowl, although Boise will prolly beat them by 40. As a VT fan I will enjoy the matchup but VT really deserves a better opponent than Tennessee. VT is in the top 12 of the BCS and Tennessee is not even ranked therefore it makes no sense that VT will have to play UT rather than a better team.

It is a no win situation for VT, if they win the bowl game then it's not a big deal because all we did was beat a 7-5 Tennessee team. It would not be an impressive win. Then there is the other side and that Tennessee could possibly win. I understand that they want bowl games that they can sell out but VT deserves much better competition!!!

You do realize that it was the same scenario three years ago when VT matched up against Georgia, don't you???? Do you remember how that turned out?!?!?