Westside wins opener

RenegadeFan

a very young and very inexperienced Renegade squad wins it's season opener against Independence. not for sure on stats, but i think the final was like 71-59. Renegades had their lead as high as 14 points at one time!

It's certain that this season is gonna be a interesting one at Westside, with all the underclassmen that make up this Renegade squad, but the future is nothing but short of bright in my opinion.

I think we could have some surprise wins this year. The schedule isnt as tough as in times past, so they'll probably get more wins than usual or more than the last few years anyways.

still dunno if I'd say I'm ready to put them up there with the big dawgs of our region (Oak Hill, Wyoming East, Bluefield, Pikeview) but we're on our way.

long way til March, so it will be interesting to see what comes about.

in other news Wyoming East won their season opener against Matewan in Charleston at the Hoops Classic by a very convincing margin of 73-38

Pikeview also beat a team worthy of keeping an eye on in AA this season, as they beat Scott @ Scott by a final of 58-44....which surprises me some, i think both of these squads will be good in AA this season, just though Scott would do better at home against Pikeview, guess they (Pikeview) are better than I expected!