Worilds is done at VT...

GMan

Heard from a good source close to the team that Worilds is probably going to submit his paperwork but more than likely will return to Blacksburg this coming fall.

Thats good news. I can hardly fathom losing him and Grimm in the same offseason.

Heard from a good source close to the team that Worilds is probably going to submit his paperwork but more than likely will return to Blacksburg this coming fall.

He submitted his paperwork before the bowl game I believe. Everything that I've read/heard Jason hasn't made up his mind yet.

Official now...

Worilds declares for NFL Draft

Junior defensive end to leave Tech after three years

January 7, 2010

BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech junior defensive end Jason Worilds announced Thursday that he will forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. The Carteret, N.J., native was a two-time All-ACC performer who recorded 49 tackles this year, including 11.0 for loss and 4.5 sacks. He also had one forced fumble, one pass break up and a team-leading 32 quarterback hurries.

“Jason is a very talented player, but is also a very smart player,” Tech head coach Frank Beamer said. “He has the toughness to be successful after playing through a shoulder injury last year. We wish him a long NFL career. He was great for Virginia Tech and we wish him the best in the NFL.”

“This is a bittersweet day for me,” Worilds said. “The Hokie Nation has been great to me and my family, but it’s time to close this chapter in my life. This is a new and exciting part of my life and I’m excited to see what the future holds.”

A lot of college talent turn in NFL papers to see where they land but they are not obligated to turn pro unless they get an agent.

That is NBA not NFL. Once you are drafted in the NFL you can't go back to college whether you hired an agent or not.

Official now...

Worilds declares for NFL Draft

Junior defensive end to leave Tech after three years

January 7, 2010

BLACKSBURG - Virginia Tech junior defensive end Jason Worilds announced Thursday that he will forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. The Carteret, N.J., native was a two-time All-ACC performer who recorded 49 tackles this year, including 11.0 for loss and 4.5 sacks. He also had one forced fumble, one pass break up and a team-leading 32 quarterback hurries.

“Jason is a very talented player, but is also a very smart player,” Tech head coach Frank Beamer said. “He has the toughness to be successful after playing through a shoulder injury last year. We wish him a long NFL career. He was great for Virginia Tech and we wish him the best in the NFL.”

“This is a bittersweet day for me,” Worilds said. “The Hokie Nation has been great to me and my family, but it’s time to close this chapter in my life. This is a new and exciting part of my life and I’m excited to see what the future holds.”

Question. Where is Worilds projected to go in the draft?

Because if it's anything below Round 2, this is a VERY poor decision. Even Dowling's coming back from an early Round 2 pick...

And yes, the NFL will play in 2011. FAR too much money on the table not to do so.

Question. Where is Worilds projected to go in the draft?

Because if it's anything below Round 2, this is a VERY poor decision. Even Dowling's coming back from an early Round 2 pick...

And yes, the NFL will play in 2011. FAR too much money on the table not to do so.

Who said Dowling was a 2nd round pick??? He got burned so many times by VT, the announcers just started calling him "toast"...

And just to let you know, I think he's making a mistake too...he won't go any higher than 4th round...if that...

Who said Dowling was a 2nd round pick??? He got burned so many times by VT, the announcers just started calling him "toast"...

I've seen a few sites that project Dowling as a late first/early second round pick.

Hey, Tennessee's safety Eric Berry is projected by most as a top five pick and he looked like he didn't have a clue against VT most notable late in the game on the Dyrell Roberts reverse!!!

And just to let you know, I think he's making a mistake too...he won't go any higher than 4th round...if that...

Oh, only Todd McShay AND Mel Kiper. Late first and early second, respectively. Open mouth, insert crow.

But we do agree that it's a big mistake.