Breaking down Region IV

region4fan

Please add whatever info you have about teams....

Piedmont District - Bassett and Martinsville tied for the regular season title. They will have a playoff for the #1 seed in the district tournament and automatic spot in regionals. The loser of that game will have to battle thru the district tournament to qualify for regions.

River Ridge District - Blacksburg won the regular season and will be the #1 seed in the district tournament. In their last two games they beat the Blue Ridge District Champion Lord Botetourt 9-0 and beat Pulaski last night 8-0 in a game called at 60 minutes due to the slaughter rule. Hidden Valley and Cave Spring play tonight for the #2 seed in the district tournament. Christiansburg will be balltling it out for the 3rd spot in regionals. They have tied Hidden Valley and last night beat Cave Spring 1-0. They are led by Richmond University signee Jonathan Overton and Roanoke College bound Carl Leist.

Southwest District - All I know is that Abingdon has clinched the regular season. From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), #2 and #3 spots in regions could be Graham, Marion, Tazewell, or Carroll County.

Did I miss anything? Where is the Southwest District tournament being held?

swva tourney is going to be in abingdon because they won the reg. season. It looks good what you put. But I thought it was three team from River Ridge and Three from Piedmont and Four from SWD. Is this correct?

swva tourney is going to be in abingdon because they won the reg. season. It looks good what you put. But I thought it was three team from River Ridge and Three from Piedmont and Four from SWD. Is this correct?

No they changed it this year. River Ridge gets 3, Piedmont gets 2, and Southwest get 3, total of 8 and no one gets a bye. Here are the pairings....

Quarterfinals

Monday - May 31

Game 1 - Southwest #3 at Blacksburg (River Ridge #1)

Game 2 - Southwest #2 at Piedmont #2*

Game 3 - River Ridge #2 at Abingdon (Southwest #1)

Game 4 - River Ridge #3 at Piedmont #1

Semifinals

Wednesday - June 2 - Bogle Stadium (Cave Spring) *

Game 5 - Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2

Game 6 - Winner of Game 3 vs Winner of Game 4

Final

Friday - June 4 - Bogle Stadium (Cave Spring)

Game 7 - Winner of Game 3 vs Winner of Game 4