For you Engine Guru's

Ok, took the spark plugs out of the head. Put a compression gauge and checked each piston. All four pistons had compression (While cranking engine) going up, but didnt hold compression when going back down. So I figure since the pistons move then they arent locked up (check) The pistons will have pressure up, but dont hold going down (Check) So that makes me think the head gasket is blown? If it was the piston rings blown then it should have no compression at all, right? But is it likely the entire gasket is blown and all four pistons will do the exact same thing on the compression reading? I figure the likely reason is it has been run hot, melted gasket and possibly warped the valves. I just bought a 99 White Eclipse with sun roof. OZ racing tires. The whole nine yards. But I already have a well running vehicle, this is going to be my street racer project. SO if there is some other reason why I am wrong, or another possibility of the issue please tell me before I tear down the enginer to do the work needed. Help would be greatly appreciated.