Paul Ryan

vthokies4life

Here's an up and coming politician who has detailed massive changes to the tune of being debt-free by the year 2063. The New York Times did a little write up about him, as well as provided a link to the information about actions he plans to pursue. What are your realistic thoughts about what he plans and if those goals are able to be accomplished?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/03/us/politics/03ryan.html?ref=politics

Here's an up and coming politician who has detailed massive changes to the tune of being debt-free by the year 2063. The New York Times did a little write up about him, as well as provided a link to the information about actions he plans to pursue. What are your realistic thoughts about what he plans and if those goals are able to be accomplished?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/03/us/politics/03ryan.html?ref=politics

I'll throw out an old, tired quote: it makes too much sense to work.

This being, that the establishment isn't going to welcome the idea with open arms.

As far as short-term, I believe that his Roadmap will only see serious discussion by 2012 at the earliest, perhaps a vote in 2014 or 2017 if a GOP president is elected in the next two terms (almost a certainty).

But this man is EXACTLY the breath of fresh air that politics, and especially the GOP, needs. This article made my night. Fiscal responsibility with a respectable social conservatism: almost too good to be true!