Virginia Tech vs. NC State

vthokies4life

No one said that Tech is going to go undefeated from here. This win kept us from imploding. There was one point where Evans got stuffed on a 3rd and 1. Apparently he went to the sidelines, was screaming, throwing things, etc. That's not Evans-esque. If we lose to NC State, Virginia Tech doesn't recover.

And quit with the running up the score stuff, Observer. You're better than that.

I don't agree that VT would've "imploded" after this loss. VT's ACC schedule is as close to a cakewalk as you're going to get (hence why most of the NC talk in the preseason). BC is mediocre, Wake and Duke are even worse, GT is not last year's GT, UNC is depleted, and UVA is rebuilding. Your two toughest tests were NCST and Miami, and you (barely) survived the first. There is no reason for VT not to go at least 9-3 in the regular season now, and judging from some of the more vocal in your fanbase, they expect an undefeated run.

All I'm saying is that I think Miami is not only better, but significantly so, than VT. We'll see in November, won't we?

Well, if it wasn't running up the score, what else was it? Less than a minute to go, up by 4, you get the ball back deep in NCST territory. 3 kneels, the game's over. Instead, you run Evans for a needless TD. That reeks classlessness to me: I'm calling it as I see it. Be happy with a 34-30 win, one that didn't look at all likely after Quarter #1. No need for the insurance points, except for the bettors in Vegas who took NCST +4.5...

Edit: If NCST had all 3 timeouts (I thought they only had 2), then disregard what I said above. But I could've sworn they only had 2 TOs left.

Edited by UVAObserver