car show / motorcycle stunt demo / skateboard demo

if anyone is looking for something to do on Saturday, there is an event at the Mercer Mall in the JCPenny parking lot this Saturday from 10 - 2. we lost a dear friend a month ago, and we're doing this to celebrate the life of Dennis Rowe, and to raise money for funeral expenses for the family.

there will be a show and shine car show starting at 10:00, an open skate for the local skateboarders from 10 - 11;30, then demo's by Simplistix skateboards, and Stunt Army riders.

we will also be raffling off some pretty awesome prizes like:

-- (5) Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas for 2

-- (1) Pair of VIP tickets to ANY 2011 NASCAR event (includes garage and pit passes)

-- (1) Flip down in car DVD system - installed ($1200 value)

-- (2) Pair of Silver Stadium Carolina Panther tickets

-- (1) Dinner party for 10 at Outback Steakhouse

-- (1) Massage a month for a year

-- (4) Motorcycle helmets (1 - ICON; 1 - Scorpion; 2 - Shoei)

-- LOTS of other motorcycle gear

-- Skateboards autographed by Chris Cole and Jamie Thomas

-- Oakley sunglasses

-- TONS of gift certificates

-- and more......

I don't know how many of you have seen a professional motorcycle stunt show, but I haven't... I've seen a lot of cool stuff, but never anything like this. nothing cool like this is ever in this area. and especially not for FREE!!!

(Dennis was a skater, and was the guy that you would often see practicing his stunts in the Belk parking lot. he rode for Simplistix skateboards and Stunt Army)

you can check out the facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages&tid=1319245041705#!/profile.php?id=100001609883864

you can get the event info here:

http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages&tid=1319245041705#!/event.php?eid=152923728079082

almost 250 RSVP's already...

ALSO IN ATTENDANCE WILL BE Shannon Wiseman of Nascar!!! The last Miss Winston ever and star of ABC's Nascar Angles (she's the one that hooked us up with the Nascar VIP tickets)

Guys, if you can go to this, I BEG YOU, please do. The best of causes.

Dennis was my stepbrother (his father's my stepdad).

I can assure you, Simplistix and Stunt Army are two incredible groups, and the dedication and love they showed after Dennis's passing was deeply touching. If I didn't have a busy schedule for this weekend, I'd come down myself.

yep - it's gonna be big... EVERYONE is gonna be there!!!

check the event page and look at all that have RSVP'd. it'll be a fun event for all ages.

you don't wanna miss it