Big Orange 1

26 years ago (1984) I had just met my wife, graduated from high school, and was still borrowing my dads extra car. It was also the last time my beloved Vols suffered a loss at the hands of the Kentucky Wildcats. Pretty amazing, I mean think about it, 26 years of one team beating the other. No matter who the teams are, it's an amazing feat. I just got in from Knoxville. Ky fans could smell blood in the water. I've seen KY play in Knoxville I dont know how many times, and I've never seen so many KY fans at a TN home game. KY came out like gang busters, went up 7-0 and never lead again. There was talk on KY message boards that they may rush our field after the game, NOT. Anyway, I could never be more proud of a 6-6 team, considering our offense is full of freshmen and sophomores, we lose 6 or 7 on defense. The entire team will only graduate 15 seniors. It will be a couple more years until we're relevant again, but hey today was a great day. Looks like Music City Bowl bound.