Deficit Spending

salemfootball

I guess what some tea party people are saying is that spending on war to revive the economy is the same as spending domestically - if you do not have the money you do not have it and actually some of the war money goes overseas because that is where the troops are .

• 4 weeks later...
I guess what some tea party people are saying is that spending on war to revive the economy is the same as spending domestically - if you do not have the money you do not have it and actually some of the war money goes overseas because that is where the troops are .

Negative. Spending on the war is for the DEFENSE OF THE REPUBLIC! Spending for transportation, upkeep on roads and rails is legitimate budgetary line items, in my estimation. The EPA, Housing and Urban Development, the Deptartment of Education, the Deptartment of Agriculture, the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Communications Commission and various other "alphabet agencies" of the excutive branch need to have thier budgets reduced by twenty five to forty percent to start. TO START! After, and only after the regultory capabilities of some of these bureaucracies have been strangled, can we examine the federal budget in more detail.

Edited by sandman

Guest The Variable

You do realize that war spending got us out of the great depression. That was of course because we were SELLING material to the Allies. Just saying.

But I dont know who these "some" tea party people are. Im a member of my local tea party and I dont hear that at all. Most just want a more effective military and get angry when I tell them about all of the money that is wasted on contractors and the like. Im a veteran, and I have a government contract to go along with some private contracts so I have a unique perspective.

Where did you hear what "some" tea party are saying. Its bad juju to talk like that. I could say what "some" union guys are saying or "some" teachers are saying or what "some" liberals are saying ect...there is always SOMEbody saying SOMEthing stupid so this topic is a bit specious.

I will say that Defense spending as illustrated by sandman is one of the most IMPORTANT parts of the government budget. You may never have been down to the mexican border, but our military does give bad guys significant pause...not enough to stop doing bad things, but keeps them from doing anything overt. In short, daisy cutters scare people.