Graham/Bland

ghstoga

I really think Graham's new coach is doing the right things. He mixes things up in practice...there isn't any standing around....lot's of different drills. I do agree that they need to establish a weight room program for baseball but there may be issues getting use of the weight room. There is a really good group of young players coming up at Graham...I'm curious to see if in a few years they are really competitive.

Good. I haven't seen the new practices, except for what I've seen in driving by on afternoons. Anything would be an improvement. I agree with you, they can be competitive by the time the freshmen are seniors if they keep doing the right things. To get over the top, there needs to be much better coaching at the middle school level, but that's for another place and another time.

"Poor"... as "in poor taste". Regardless of your opinion on the man's coaching abilities, he was a fine man, and is deceased. A modest amount of respect, please.

I never said he wasn't a fine man off the diamond. Point it out if I did. Campbell was a good-hearted person who would help you in any way he could. Again, that's off the baseball diamond.

I appreciate and respect your point of view about reverence. I simply disagree with that perspective, that's all. I've never been one to believe that those who are deceased are immune from even the slightest passing criticism; taking this line of reasoning to its extreme, we can never question and criticize deceased killers, despots, etc. I don't see what I have done here as lacking respect, as I do have respect for Campbell outside what he has done for Graham baseball. I see it as having proper perspective and simply being realistic. It is greatly because of Campbell that Graham baseball is in the position it is today.

Edited by UVAObserver