Coach Francisco for umpire of the year!

So today in the Carroll vs. Abingdon Abingdons coach made more calls for the umpires than in any game I have ever seen. The umps checked every bat on our rack an just picked the up turned them once an put it down not even looking for anything. And when he didn't throw the bat out an coach Francisco checked it an saw that it had part composite decided to make himself not look bad an say we didn't have it set out when he even told our batter that was up that he checked the bat but didn't see that it had composite on it. That caused our entire inning to go from back to back doubles and a single to an out an runners on 2nd an 3rd an us not scoring when we should have its thr umps fault he passed the bat. Also coach Francisco explained about three calls to the umps that they changed. Terrible job today blue

The rules say that all equipment bats and helments that are to be used are to be inspected by the umps so if the bat was not out for the umps to check then Why Did you not have it out?? Was it cause you guys knew it was composite? Which makes it Illegal??

I think any coach wants the rules to be fair for his kids!!

Hmm.....So the kid was using an illegal bat and got caught and it's the umpire's fault because the umpire may have missed it in the pregame equipment check?? Seriously?? Do you really not believe the kid knew he was using an illegal composite bat?? I was listening to the game on the radio and when that particular pitch was hit it sounded really strange. Those composite bats make a different sound.

But, I gotta believe that there is no way in the world that the kid didn't know he was using a composite bat. There is a reason those bats are illegal!

actually, according to my son, it has to be bbcor certified.....besr composite bats are illegal. But, the question that I asked you that you still haven't responded to is do you really believe the kid didn't know that he was using an illegal bat?? Does anyone think the kid didn't know he was using an illegal bat??

I googled the vhsl bat rule and found this interesting info below which supports the point that the umpire inspection has nothing to do with anything.

56-1-3 (Baseball) Pregame Equipment Inspection-

It is the responsibility of member schools to verify that any equipment used by a player meets the quality and technical inspection standards dictated by NFHS and VHSL rule. While the NFHS rule book requires the umpires to check equipment before the game the burden for compliance rests with the member school. Student/athletes who participate using illegal equipment shall be ejected from that game and suspended for the next two games.

Stop making excuses!!

No next year is bbcor this year it only had to say besr certified and yeah the kid knew he was using the best bat we had that had been approved by the home plate umpire prior to the game. Every bat that was in our dugout was on that rack uncluding the coaches fungos the home plate ump told the next batter he didn't look for it on the bat when he checked them that they were behind an wrre in a hurry the bat had been approved by multiple umpires all year long so how was he to know that it was illegal it had only been put out in one other game an that was because the ump said he wasn't sure an coach gompkins said fine we just won't use it this game and to the rtard listening on the radio I'm pretty sure abouy 5 bats we have all sound completely different the red Nike bat an the black and blue rival sound completely different so idk where you got that.

does not actually star until next season. Right now BESR bats that are constructed as all alloy (metal) or with alloy barrel may be allowed. No composite barrels are allowed unless the bat is BBCOR.

The bottom line is that the player using the illegal bat was cheating and he got caught. That player knew he was using an illegal bat and that is something you can't deny. I know that any high school coach...including the Carroll County coach.....would bring it to the attention of the umpire if an opposing player was using a bat that was illegal because of the competitive advantage it would give the opposition. Plus, the reason those bats are illegal is because of the dangerous exit speed of the balls coming off the bats. There have been so many injuries to pitchers from those bats that they are no longer allowed to be used. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Just get over it!

are a debate that the VHSL has left open to interpretation. Some understand it and many refuse to even try to learn. If the governing body would have taken the time to developed a hard list with names, model #'s, or even pictures of the illegal bats a lot of confusion could have been avoided over the course of this season.