Obamacare Declared Partly Unconstitutional:

Deleted Account

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/12/health.care.ruling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

In one of the best judicial holdings I've read this year, the 11th Circuit had this to say:

"The individual mandate exceeds Congress's enumerated commerce power and is unconstitutional," the court ruled. "This economic mandate represents a wholly novel and potentially unbounded assertion of congressional authority: the ability to compel Americans to purchase an expensive health insurance product they have elected not to buy, and to make them re-purchase that insurance product every month for their entire lives."

And you all thought the legal system didn't have any sense? Hah!

Guest The Variable
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/12/health.care.ruling/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

In one of the best judicial holdings I've read this year, the 11th Circuit had this to say:

"The individual mandate exceeds Congress's enumerated commerce power and is unconstitutional," the court ruled. "This economic mandate represents a wholly novel and potentially unbounded assertion of congressional authority: the ability to compel Americans to purchase an expensive health insurance product they have elected not to buy, and to make them re-purchase that insurance product every month for their entire lives."

And you all thought the legal system didn't have any sense? Hah!

Still think it will hold up at SCOTUS?

Guest The Variable
No, but I'm just glad to see at least one judicial body make an appropriate ruling on the Constitution. I still think it'll be reversed 5-4, thanks to Kagan not recusing herself.

Good thing its revenue neutral.[/sarcasm]