Sarah Palin and Glen Rice?!

Deleted Account

I have a lot of problems with Sarah Palin but given a shot at a one night tryst back in 87, sign me up twice.

Plus, this happened 24 years ago, she was single, Glen Rice was awesome, Miami is a sexy place...wallah! Trumps her premarital sex card a tad but we were all young once, right?

I have a lot of problems with Sarah Palin but given a shot at a one night tryst back in 87, sign me up twice.

Plus, this happened 24 years ago, she was single, Glen Rice was awesome, Miami is a sexy place...wallah! Trumps her premarital sex card a tad but we were all young once, right?

If I were single (happily not single now, might I add), put me in the hot tub time machine, and heck yes.

Again, not going to rake her over the coals for it, because indeed, we all were young. The only knock it would have on her is that it could potentially make her a hypocrite if she were to too loudly voice a conservative stance on similar issues. Given that she has, as you alluded to, she should stop fighting that battle for now.

Guest The Variable

Allegedly. A political "tell-all" book is hardly a credible source.

If she did, then she did...no big deal but the book also alledges a lot of other things too...in order to sell books to people who hate her.

Its kind of like when McCain lost the election and they wanted to blame Palin. McCain ran one of the worst campaigns in history, the only smart move he made was putting Palin on the ticket with him. Minus the Mukaka moment, if George Allen had been running and put her on the ticket, she would be Vice President right now. For all of the Palinisms out there, there are even more Bidenisms.

If she did, then she did...no big deal but the book also alledges a lot of other things too...in order to sell books to people who hate her.

Its kind of like when McCain lost the election and they wanted to blame Palin. McCain ran one of the worst campaigns in history, the only smart move he made was putting Palin on the ticket with him. Minus the Mukaka moment, if George Allen had been running and put her on the ticket, she would be Vice President right now. For all of the Palinisms out there, there are even more Bidenisms.

It's not just the tell-all book that's claiming this. Rice himself has confirmed and another outside source have come out with the same story...

I think the worst move McCain made was having Palin on his ticket. And I'm not so sure that was completely his decision. I'm liberal as balls and I would've almost voted for McCain if Palin didn't come off the way she did. It was like kryptonite to John or a horcrux, every time she got near he just got more decrepid and angry.

But thats not what this is about. Whether or not the book has damning facts about something Palin did back in the 80's is irrelevant. I don't hold politicians accountable for things that happened 20-30 years ago, no matter what side of the fence they're on. Unless it's murder or joining a dark religious sect or something. At any rate, it's more interesting to consider the idea of Sarah Palin and Glen Rice than to twist it into some political agenda. I could care less if its true, it's crazy/semi awesome.

Guest The Variable
I think the worst move McCain made was having Palin on his ticket. And I'm not so sure that was completely his decision. I'm liberal as balls and I would've almost voted for McCain if Palin didn't come off the way she did. It was like kryptonite to John or a horcrux, every time she got near he just got more decrepid and angry.

Ill rest my case there. Not to mention the GOP was getting ready to throw in the towel until she got the nod. and to kick some dirt on it some more, Ill point to Megan McCain.

But thats not what this is about. Whether or not the book has damning facts about something Palin did back in the 80's is irrelevant. I don't hold politicians accountable for things that happened 20-30 years ago, no matter what side of the fence they're on. Unless it's murder or joining a dark religious sect or something. At any rate, it's more interesting to consider the idea of Sarah Palin and Glen Rice than to twist it into some political agenda. I could care less if its true, it's crazy/semi awesome.

Small people can say whatever they want in a book as long as there are no facts to prove they are wrong. I have an issue with dishonesty, if she did those things, then fine...Im happy somebody wrote a book about it. But the fact of the matter is that people can say whatever they want about her and make money off of it. The chances are incredibly in my favor that this is a political hitpiece as opposed to it having the slightest truth to it. Is it more interesting? Sure...but that belongs in fiction.

Ill rest my case there. Not to mention the GOP was getting ready to throw in the towel until she got the nod. and to kick some dirt on it some more, Ill point to Megan McCain.

Small people can say whatever they want in a book as long as there are no facts to prove they are wrong. I have an issue with dishonesty, if she did those things, then fine...Im happy somebody wrote a book about it. But the fact of the matter is that people can say whatever they want about her and make money off of it. The chances are incredibly in my favor that this is a political hitpiece as opposed to it having the slightest truth to it. Is it more interesting? Sure...but that belongs in fiction.

Ok. But several accounts say its true. Are you in wishful thinking mode or do you know something we don't?

Guest The Variable
Ok. But several accounts say its true. Are you in wishful thinking mode or do you know something we don't?

No, and its not Palin in particular. Like I said, if its true then I am glad its in print. This goes to the whole truther/birther/bush lied kids died/whatever. People can say whatever they want without regard to responsibility. Its their right, but that doesnt make them any less of a dirtbag. I dont read political tell-alls from anyone regardless of ideology. If its an "insider" then its usually someone trying to cash in on their supposed access. If its a politicians memoir, then its an I-love-me fest and "oh, look at all the good ideas I had and other folks didnt believe me." I liked Cheney as a VP, and I think Colin Powell is a shadow of his former self (a bit of an ass now actually) but I wont buy his book or put much stock into what he says went on during the Bush administration. Politicians are pathological liars and their staffers/aides are even worse than that.

Im not saying hes lying, but that is the general rule in his book genre.

I'm this close to putting this as a quote in my post signature...

Hahaha. Its on par with my newly acquired signature quote.

LOL!! I just spit ginger ale on my keyboard. I literally just caught what I had typed. I think from now on the "Preview Post" might be a good idea! BTW, I'm not even going to go back and edit it. This one is going to be kept as is.

That said, UVAO is welcome to shrine this post in his signature at my expense if he so chooses.

LOL!! I just spit ginger ale on my keyboard. I literally just caught what I had typed. I think from now on the "Preview Post" might be a good idea! BTW, I'm not even going to go back and edit it. This one is going to be kept as is.

That said, UVAO is welcome to shrine this post in his signature at my expense if he so chooses.

Done. ;)

But I've seen worse. A guy on another site once posted in response to me: "honestly, you are appear very intellectually lazy".

That's my signature on that site.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest The Variable
Hahaha. Its on par with my newly acquired signature quote.

Holy crap, did somebody post that on here? Wait, of course they did...after reading the "Richlands Offense" thread, its evident.

Holy crap, did somebody post that on here? Wait, of course they did...after reading the "Richlands Offense" thread, its evident.

Oh yeah. I actually felt so bad for making it my signature at his expense, I left his name out and just blamed it on the school system.

Guest The Variable
Oh yeah. I actually felt so bad for making it my signature at his expense, I left his name out and just blamed it on the school system.

Remember when even in Math and History your spelling/grammar was important?

Remember when even in Math and History your spelling/grammar was important?

It couldn't be less important in law, which is something that gnaws at me very badly. I knew it was going to be a long, hard road when my Civil Procedure professor showed us an "A" exam that had a kindergartner's spelling and grammar.

Rex Chapman has had a few things to say about this ordeal...lol

http://www.sportspickle.com/article/8029/rex-chapman-enjoyed-the-glen-rice-sarah-palin-article

LOL!

Conan O'Brien tweeted this and I thought it was funny: "A new book claims Sarah Palin had sex with NBA star Glen Rice. That’s where she got the phrase, “Drill, Baby, Drill.â€"

Rex Chapman has had a few things to say about this ordeal...lol

http://www.sportspickle.com/article/8029/rex-chapman-enjoyed-the-glen-rice-sarah-palin-article

I'm pretty sure Rex Chapman just tapped the seemingly unending keg of Palin/Rice jokes, and all of them are the funniest thing I've ever read. Great find, deuces.