Barry Jones

UNIONFAN

I know that Barry quit coaching at Gatecity this season, but I heard he went to sullivan north to coach. Can someone please tell me if thats a horrible rumor or true?

For those who dont know, Barry Jones was Powell Valley's Ast. Head coach from 1981 or 2 till 2000. He has 9, yes 9, VHSL state championship rings and in not only mine but many people's opinion one of the best coaches to never get to be head coach. Wonderful man, great motivator, most of all knows football like Ragan knew the whitehouse

Actually Barry started coaching in 1983 at PV and was a hugh reason PV won 7 state titles in that time frame, he also has 2 rings from GC. I hadnt heard of that rumor that he was at North, but if its true, they sure landed one hell of a coach. Barry Jones is the best coach to never been head coach at any school. Kids absolutely love him and respond to his coaching. A lot of people wonder what happened to PV football, its real easy for the folks that live in BSG, Barry Jones left the program and when he did, success left. Ole Phil Robbins may be in the hall of fame but Barry Jones is in the heart of most people in the Gap when it comes to those championships won. Everyone knows who really was the brains of all those wins and his name aint Phil.

chubzfan, youre right. Barry is the reason most of us played football at pv. Like i said earlier and you did too, Barry is the best man to neverbe head coach somewhere. Good to hear that he is at the gatecity home games. North dont deserve a man of his calliber. nothing against North, I just want Barry at Union.

chubzfan, youre right. Barry is the reason most of us played football at pv. Like i said earlier and you did too, Barry is the best man to neverbe head coach somewhere. Good to hear that he is at the gatecity home games. North dont deserve a man of his calliber. nothing against North, I just want Barry at Union.

I hope he dont go to Union. lol. Be glad to have him back at GC. Just never understood why we had him on Offense at GC.

I hope he dont go to Union. lol. Be glad to have him back at GC. Just never understood why we had him on Offense at GC.

Coach Jones is not at north he is still teaching at shoemaker.

GC had him on offense because Roberts came back.

Coach Jones is not at north he is still teaching at shoemaker.

GC had him on offense because Roberts came back.

I am actually talking about before Houseright took over. Can understand why he was on offense after Housright but not during the Colobro days.