What we do not know yet !

salemfootball

Some of the questions in my mind have not been answered yet and also I have had a few surprises to start this season .In single A Galax survived Glenvar in overtime , and later thrashed Radford 43-0. I actually had Radford winning in a close game .The question is how good is this Galax team and also Glenvar must be pretty good .

Another slight surprise is Richlands because they are setting themselves up for another great season . Also, what is the deal with Pulaski ? They could be tougher in district or they could falter with lack of confidence .

In the Roanoke area Franklin County lost their first last week after beating Salem by one at home , lost to Magna Vista by 2 .Patrick Henry is undefeated and scoring at will against lesser opponents but will face a stern test tonight as Battlefield , the reigning division 6 champion , visits Roanoke tonight .Northside is still undefeated after surviving Hidden Valley last week .The Vikings have an experienced accurate QB and some big time receivers , including VT bound Dakota Jackson at 6'4" 245 .

The last 3 games between Northside and Salem have been close with Salem winning 14-12 , 26-22 on a great comeback in 4th quarter and last year 17-13 when Northside could not score after having ist and goal from 5 .Salem will have hard time tonight with 6'1" sophomore Tyler Gladden gets the call because of the injuries talked about .

As for Galax, I know Radford had a very un-Radford-like game. Still, Glenvar impressed me more. Galax has speed at every position. The scary thing about them is they were dealing with some key injuries the first four games and came out 4-0. They're healthy now and have more depth because of the injuries.