P90X Diaries

Guest The Variable

I immediately noticed an increase in appetite after week 1. I was always hungry.

DAY 8: CHEST AND ARMS, AB RIPPER X

I managed more reps per set this time around but again started feeling the puke mobile toward the end of the sets, especially during lawnmowers. I hadn't eaten since lunch and it was at about 5:30 pm when I started. I don't know what my deal is. I had to sit down for a bit and collect myself before finishing the routine. I always make sure I finish.

Also, "DIVE BOMBER PUSHUPS" are what I think makes me sick. I know that makes me sound like a pansy, but something about them makes me light headed. The rest of the exercises were noticeably easier this time around and I was no where near sore.

I need to get my eating down pat. Again today, someone suggested Mexican and sure enough that's where I went and loaded up on badness and cheese.

I'm trying to eat light dinners to compensate. I think I'm going to buy a bag of apples for the office and munch one down before lunch to lessen my appetite.

Tonight is Plyometrics! *after the Hokies take down FIU though*

You may want to try eating a snack about an hour before your workout. It should help with the Nausea. As far as a diet goes portion size is the most important part. The fad diets are not healthy. And of course drink lots of water. Do not let yourself get dehydrated. Thanks for posting your workouts. I've been thinking about trying P90X vs joining a gym. Reading your posts is encouraging. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

No Sirs, I didn't give up. I ate my weight in Thanksgiving and had a free meal lined up for every day between Thursday and Sunday with lots of traveling to boot. Therefore, I'm going to repeat last week over since the latter part of last week was spent either sitting in a car, at a dinner table, or on a toilet.

Did CHEST and BACK again last night which is the one that is a majority pushups and pullups. Noticeably easier this third time doing it (technically redoing my second time). I absolutely kicked it's ass so the good news is... I'm stronger. I was probably also well rested from my four days off from the routines. Plyometrics is tonight which is the one that I hate the most.

Plyometrics couldn't suck more if during the Plyo video, Tony Horton walked off set and killed my entire family as I watched. Then returned to make me do more Plyo.

Got my eating down some. Been eating a better breakfast which helps. I had just been rushing down a cup of coffee each morning because screw getting up early enough to eat. Eating that first meal helps. Eating Subway for lunch helps too. My buddy that I usually lunch with just had a baby (his wife did) so he's out of commission for a few days and can't tempt me with the nastier treats of the town.