Suck For Luck

Ryan4VT

They would be 8-2, at least. Manning alone brings that O up tenfold. They would outscore other teams. The only team We would have lost to would be the Saints. We played the Steelers close, we've been within 2 tds in a few contests, and Manning alone is worth 28-35 points.

Put me in the 5-5 camp. Peyton doesn't do double-duty out there, and the Colts are getting just as shellacked on defense.

Guest The Variable
Put me in the 5-5 camp. Peyton doesn't do double-duty out there, and the Colts are getting just as shellacked on defense.

Part of that is because the defense is constantly playing because the offense doesnt move the ball. They are older than most defenses and the entire game is often fully on their backs. They are a hold-the-lead defense, not one that controls a game. They are built to hold teams to field goals so Peyton can win with TDs. No I agree with Ryan, that plus the lack of confidence on the team as a whole is what is making them look so bad.

Part of that is because the defense is constantly playing because the offense doesnt move the ball. They are older than most defenses and the entire game is often fully on their backs. They are a hold-the-lead defense, not one that controls a game. They are built to hold teams to field goals so Peyton can win with TDs. No I agree with Ryan, that plus the lack of confidence on the team as a whole is what is making them look so bad.

^^^this^^^

As I've said before, Peyton is good for 28-35 points. That also equals time of possession. Something we can't do currently. Our D is tired from being on the field after 3 and out after 3 and out after 3 and out.

It's not like our games have been out of reach:

Lost to the Texans by 27

Lost to the Browns by 8

Lost to the Steelers by 3

Lost to the Bucs by 7

Lost to the Cheifs by 4

Lost to the Bengals by 10

Won't even put the Saints game on. Embarrassing.

Lost to the Titans by 10

Lost to the Falcons by 24

Lost to the Jags by 14.

So we haven't been far behind. The problem is, our offense is anemic without #18.